We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BLM disbursed camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon Goblin Va

Rancho Cordova...
BLM disbursed camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon Goblin Va

We will be staying 2 nights next month (early October) in the Goblin Valley area. We want to explore Little Wildhorse Canyon, etc. The state park campground at Goblin Valley is booked already, but I've heard there is free camping along the BLM road to Little Wildhorse Canyon. My question is, is there room along this road to pull off and park a 24 foot 5th wheel trailer and large pickup truck?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
1. Re: BLM disbursed camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon Goblin Va

You probably would find a place to park although would need to be cautious with the ground as it's soft desert sand. There is an improved parking lot at the trailhead but your rig would take up a significant percentage of it. Not sure on the camping regulations there so can't tell you exactly.

There is also a relatively well improved road on the back side (west) of Little Wild Horse. It's easily accessible. When you come off 24 towards LWH, go straight where you would turn left for the canyon. I believe there's a BLM campground just a mile or so ahead. You can also then turn left and drive essentially behind (west side) of the slots. There's rarely anyone back there and you should find sufficient space there if you can't on the road to the trailhead.

if you do park back there, you can go into the canyon essentially backwards. You'll be near the "junction" of LWH and Bell's Canyon. Do make sure you take the left fork as LWH is infinitely better than Bell's. There are three or four other slot canyons in the immediate proximity. So if you're there for a couple days, you'll have a wealth of great hiking opportunities.

Have fun.

Rancho Cordova...
2. Re: BLM disbursed camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon Goblin Va

Great information! Thank you so much. Since we're self-contained, I don't mind camping in the middle of nowhere - but I don't want our rig to be on the road blocking cars trying to get through, and I don't want to get stuck in sand. We have almost 2 full days to explore this area, so I will definitely want to check out the road that goes to the back side of Little Wild Horse.

3. Re: BLM disbursed camping near Little Wildhorse Canyon Goblin Va

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 14, 2013