We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Vegas to Yellowstone

Surfers Paradise...
Driving from Vegas to Yellowstone

I would love some travel advice regarding above trip. I am planning a winter holiday from Qld Australia to United states next Christmas. I will have New Year in Disneyland then on to have a look at Vegas. From there I have four days and three nights to get to Yellowstone National Park for the next booked leg of holiday. My husband and I have been to America a couple of times (love it) and are happy to drive. Could anyone advise me of good stopover places to see and stay. We also will be travelling with a teenage son so I hope you can send me some good advice.

Thankyou

Aussie Travellers.

2 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 98
1. Re: Driving from Vegas to Yellowstone

Hi Kerri H

Welcome to the TA forums.

That actually is not too much time as it will take the better part of two days just to drive.

An obvious choice would be to stop for one night in Zion NP. Next day see Bryce head up hwy 12 to Capitol Reef, with a night in Torrey, then on to Park City for a night before the last leg into Yellowstone. Are you heading to West Yellowstone?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
2. Re: Driving from Vegas to Yellowstone

Have you checked for a Yellowstone visit in winter with roads and accomodations closed?

Reply to: Driving from Vegas to Yellowstone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted