We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

Which Bryce Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 3
Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

My husband and I are planning a trip in early July. We are flying into Vegas, then driving to Springdale (Zion), Ut, where we will be based for 5 nights. We plan to take one day trip to Bryce and, on another day , we plan to see the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

Would we be better off renting an SUV, a jeep, or a convertible?

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 65
1. Re: Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

This is such a personal preference. It can be soooo hot in southern Utah in July that I would only get an SUV of the choices you list. That way, I would be out of the sun when I need to be and in comfort and air conditioning for the driving parts of the trip. Just my opinion though. I am not a sun worshipper at all.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
2. Re: Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

Compact, Full Size, Luxury? I would rent a SUV although you won't need it on your trips to GCNR and Bryce, unless you decide to drive beautiful Cottonwood400 from Kadochrome Basin SP to us 89. On the other hand, who don't want to drive the West in a convertible and pretend you're Thelma and Louis(e).........with a happy end of course.

Tet

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
reviews: 65
3. Re: Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

Tet-that was a great movie wasn't it? I don't remember any parts about them using sunscreen though...and how did they keep those classic sun bonnets on?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
4. Re: Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

Haha, that will be the secret of the director I guess and those Hollywood stars all have eternal tan. No need for sunscreen and they also had constant conversation without shouting. Secrets secrets.

5. Re: Convertible, Jeep or SUV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 24, 2009