We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

Which Bryce Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

My husband and I are doing the Grand Circle in early October. We will be driving down Highway 12 from Torrey to Bryce (staying at Bryce for one night before moving on to Zion the next day). How long would it take to detour to Grosvenor Arch and is it worth it? We will be leaving Torrey at around 7:30 am and plan to make some stops on Highway 12 but no hikes. We are hoping to get to Bryce no later than noon.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
1. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

I'd give the time to Bryce.

Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
reviews: 59
2. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

Yes it's worth it but you don't really have time. It's nearly 40 miles round trip off Highway 12 with a significant portion on dirt road. With what you have planned, and wanting to see Bryce by noon, do what RedRox says.

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

Thanks for your responses. I will take your advice.

Santa Ana, CA
reviews: 13
4. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

Save it for another trip. Grosvenor Arch fits in real well with Kodachrome Basin State Park. These two are half a day or more depending on how much hiking you like.

Noel, you got a new photo?

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 8
5. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

Sounds like your decision may have already been made, but time wise, I've measured times of 10-17 minutes from the UT 12 turnoff in Cannonville to the junction with the road into Kodachrome Basin SP (and thus the end of the pavement), then then 20 to 32 minutes to the Grosvenor Arch parking area.

Yes, these are wide ranges of times, resulting from different drivers, plus varying road conditions on the unpaved portion, including the driver's tolerance for speeding up to smooth out washboard.

6. Re: Is it worth it to detour to Grosvenor Arch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...