We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

length of stay in bryce

Which Bryce Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
petereboro
reviews: 3
length of stay in bryce

hi, have most of my trip planned and booked, driving from sfc to lv with stops on the way .í have 4 nights to book, and was thinking 2 in bryce 2 in page before we go onto mv. but is it worth staying for 4 nights in bryce and missing page or do both for 2 nights each.

thanks

18 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
1. Re: length of stay in bryce

Two in Bryce and two in Page is sufficient. Bryce is very efficient and, actually, one night is meaningful there. What's your planned route? While you can take I-80 and I-15, the route across the Nevada desert on US50 is quite fascinating.

Have fun.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
2. Re: length of stay in bryce

I don't see Zion in your plans...

petereboro
3. Re: length of stay in bryce

we will be coming from beatty dv area., havent actually detailed the route yet so advice on the routes welcome.

tet, didnt think i would have time for zion also, had considered from beatty to bryce, onto page then to mv,1 night, gc 1 night then to vegas 1 night before we fly home

thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
4. Re: length of stay in bryce

Give Bryce one night and divide the other 3 between Page and Zion. If you want to do any water activity at Page you'll need 2 nights there. One is OK at Zion, two is better.

petereboro
5. Re: length of stay in bryce

definitely will go to zion after looking into it, can we do the scenic drive in may, i see cars are excluded from the park during summer months. we particularly want to see horeshoe bend nr page, not bothered about water sports.

so if we leave beatty, to bryce 1 night , zion 2 nights would we need to stay over in page to see the scenery or could we see it just as well driving to mv. ?also if i am going to go to yosemite, bryce canyon, dv, bryce canyon, zion np, mv, gc , are they all national parks that require passes, ? while we were in canada we bougt one pass that covered us for all the parks ?

thanks

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
6. Re: length of stay in bryce

You can buy the America the Beautiful pass at $ 80,-- at the entrance of your first NP. It also covers many more places like Glen Canyon in Page and many National Monuments. Beatty to Zion will be an 4.5 hours drive and you'll lose one hour for timedifference. To get into Zion's main canyon you'll have to take the shuttle from the visitor center in may but a drive through via ut9 already is very scenic. Do Zion before Bryce. Monument Valley is not included in the pass. You'll have to pay $ 5,-- pppd.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
7. Re: length of stay in bryce

The shuttle tour up and back down the canyon at Zion will take about 2 hours. Don't skip it. Then drive RT 9 up through East Zion and on to Bryce.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
8. Re: length of stay in bryce

If you only are doing Antelope Canyon (there are 2, Upper and Lower) and Horseshoe bend in Page, one night will be enough. You'll gain one hour between Bryce and Page (lose one hour between Page and MV and gain one hour to GC, complicated? Yes!

petereboro
9. Re: length of stay in bryce

haha yes we only have one time in uk although that changes every march and oct by an hr, thanks for all the advice, i was hoping to drive the zion scenic route up the mountain rds and through the tunnel so thats a shame .

celia

petereboro
10. Re: length of stay in bryce

btw could we not drive to gc via a mv route ?

thanks

Reply to: length of stay in bryce
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted