We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Bryce

Which Bryce Canyon National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
One day in Bryce

Unfortunately we are visiting bryce but only for one day. If anyone can provide some insight as to what we must do while visiting it would be greatly appreciated.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
reviews: 320
1. Re: One day in Bryce

I see you posted several "one day in" posts. Could you provide your overall plan as that will help us give you better advice and a more cohesive plan. Are you spending a night (or two) at/near each park?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: One day in Bryce

Given your set of postings looking for one-day info for Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Arches, the best advice I can give you is to decide on one set of parks only. On this schedule you won't take away anything really meaningful from any of them. As OhioHick noted, you might share your full plan to see how these fit into an overall context.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
3. Re: One day in Bryce

Agreeing. This is looking like more of a "half day or less" for each park. What is your over all plan?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
4. Re: One day in Bryce

I found the OP's overall plan in the AZ forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g143028-i157-k6494…

It is not a good plan.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
5. Re: One day in Bryce

CPA07: I've posted some comments on your thread in the AZ forum. Let's just say you have a LOT on your plate for this trip.

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 69
6. Re: One day in Bryce

I don't get why people would post just a criticism of what people are already set to do. That is what they want to do and they already have reservations and tickets. It might not be what you would do or recommend in general, but it is what they are going to do.

So even if they have a half day in the park, what would you suggest they do? That is what they need help with and why they posted in the first place, not to be told that you don't approve of the trip they have already scheduled.

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
7. Re: One day in Bryce

BBnugget: Simple fact is that is is not a good plan, IMO. But if you look at the thread in the AZ forum, I and others did provide suggestions for what to do in each park as well as along the way from park to park. So I think that there was helpful advice given. And part of helpful advice is also letting the traveller know what they will be up against in terms of time in the car versus time in the park. That is part of any road trip. Can CPA still have a sonderful trip? Absolutely. I just think it will be hurried and wanted the OP to realize that they will be in a rush.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
reviews: 81
8. Re: One day in Bryce

I know you were aiming your comment on the plan towards me, OH :)

Thanks for pointing out the overall itinerary(which is covered in good detail) on the AZ forum

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
9. Re: One day in Bryce

Not so, Widmarsh, not so at all. ;-)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 96
10. Re: One day in Bryce

and as always, my beef is why is the overall plan in Arizona (as well as all the good recommendations), when 4 out of the 5 parks he wants to visit are in Utah?? Just a little pet peeve.

But for the OP and anyone else who wonders:

Bryce is easy to do in one day. It is a small park and lends itself to a couple days if you have it, but no need to worry if you don't.

Spend most of your time at the main amphitheater (Sunset, Sunrise and Inspiration Points) along with Bryce Point. Take the Navajo to Queen's Garden loop hike (about 2-3 hrs). IF and only if you have extra time then take the scenic drive to the end enjoy Rainbow Point and stop at the other viewpoints on the way back. Even all that may not take all day.

Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...