We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

Aurora, Colorado
Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

My wife is totally restricted from consuming any foods or beverages containing, or contaminated by, gluten and dairy products. Do any of the area restaurants provide specialized menus to cater to individual dietary needs? Is there a way to preview their menus?

4 replies to this topic
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
reviews: 83
1. Re: Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

The Camp Robber is accredited with the Gluten Intolerance Group and has a gluten free menu. They will be happy to work with you on any other dietary restrictions, too. And the Camp Robber is a great place to eat.

camprobber.com/ordereze/Menu/12/Menus.aspx They even have a flourless chocolate cake for dessert and it is awesome! Not sure if it has dairy, though. Several of the gluten free items aren't grain free...they have corn tortillas, so she'll have to pick and choose; however, there will still be several choices and they'll be most happy to help. They have Sunday brunch but not a daily breakfast.

Qdoba's pork and shredded beef are gluten free, so there are some possibilities there.

qdoba.com/menu-nutrition/queso-burrito-menu-…

Chili's has gluten free options but they have shared prep areas (i.e. shared fryer oil) so they don't guarantee no cross contamination. Same with Applebee's. http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Allergen_Info.pdf

Check out the Lobby Grill at Montrose Memorial Hospital. Their online menu says no substitutions, but if you go in to order, I've always found them to be very accomodating and helpful. (or call ahead and talk to them about your restrictions) They have a salad bar and a gluten free pizza crust available. And they serve breakfast. It's sort of a hidden gem here in Montrose. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33559-d31…

Pahgre's also has a gluten free pizza crust and, I believe, some gluten free pasta, and they can tell you which sauces are gluten free. They have a "contact us" option, so you might contact them ahead of time to ask about gluten free options and how they handle cross contamination. http://www.pahgres.com/contact-us

Natural Grocers has a good selection of gluten free foods if you need to put together a picnic or get some snack items (i.e. Pamela's Any Time Bars or Udi's muffins). City Market has recently been upgrading their gluten free awareness with shelf labels, and of course they and Safeway have a good selection of fresh fruits and veggies. City Market has a good salad bar.

Dairyland, USA
reviews: 36
2. Re: Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

Thanks for doing the work for me! What a pleasant surprise to find this topic here.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
3. Re: Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

The Firehouse Grill is another restaurant that has potential for gluten free dining. The restaurant has undergone several changes of ownership in the last couple of years and gets wildly mixed reviews. The lastest owners/managers seem to be trying! We went there to try the gluten free pizza and they were out...not good; but the waitress and the manager on duty went out of their way to make sure I found something to eat...and they did have gluten free pasta. The manager even came out and discussed the subject with me, saying that they were trying to learn about what they needed to do to be gluten-free-friendly.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
4. Re: Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.

Remington's at the Bridges is another where I've had good luck. Their chef is knowledgable, and the servers have been very willing to go and ask the chef for recommendations. Excellent service there, and the best views in town. Actually some of the best views on the Western Slope! Their large windows overlook their golf course, and the restaurant is slightly on an uprise so they have unobstructed views of the San Juan Mountains to the south.

Reply to: Gluten and Dairy free Area Restaurants/menus.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Black Canyon Of The...
More Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park Topics