We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Binghamton, New York
reviews: 1
Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Is there any other activities that you recommend at Biscayne? I understand that the whole park is under the water - we are visiting in late December - wondering about snorkeling and canoing, but wondering if it may be too windy and cold out there. Please advise.

3 replies to this topic
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 40
1. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

There's land (like Elliott Key), but most of the park is accessible only by boat. Which means it's a bit under-visited.

The park's most famous land plant is Sargent's palm, which has become a fairly common garden plant in the Miami area.

regionalconservation.org/ircs/…

The park also has a rare tropical prickly-pear cactus, but you won't spot it, except maybe as a cultivated specimen.

Edited: 6:47 pm, December 03, 2011
Binghamton, New York
reviews: 1
2. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

Thanks - do you know if it's going to be really cold if I go for canoing? Are there short canoe trails that we can try from around visitor center?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 40
3. Re: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other

I've managed to never do much of a visit to the Park. Their website is informative. While temperatures fluctuate in winter (as shown in the plots at the link), and a few days will be windy, for the most part, a cool day in southern Florida is a desirable one to be outdoors and active.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/?n=cliplot

Reply to: Glass-boat tour - is it worth the cost? Is there any other
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biscayne National Park