We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCUBA Diving in BNP - or snorkelling

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 64
SCUBA Diving in BNP - or snorkelling

I gather the concession in Biscayne NP only runs SCUBA diving trips on Saturday/Sunday mornings. Our itinerary means we won't make those times. We won't check out of our hotel in Key Largo until around 10AM. I will have been diving in the lower/upper Keys again.

Do any other dive operators run trips into the Park, afternoons, weekdays? I guess I'd need to go up to Key Biscayne?

My alternative is to take a snorkelling trip which I gather run in the afternoons (the concession's website seems to be down). My wife may join me on that if she feels comfortable (she's not SCUBA certified) . Any tips on those trips?

1 reply
juston
reviews: 5
1. Re: SCUBA Diving in BNP - or snorkelling

The entrance to Biscayne National Park is NOT via Key Biscayne -- it's much closer to the Keys in Homestead. I just took a very good snorkeling trip at Biscayne National Park Saturday -- to a shipwreck in 12 feet of water. Here's my trip report. floridarambler.com/florida-getaways/…. It's worth calling the concessionaire to find out if there are any weekday trips.

Edited: 10:42 am, May 09, 2011
Reply to: SCUBA Diving in BNP - or snorkelling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biscayne National Park