We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Pass Campground?

Lamar, Colorado
reviews: 27
Cedar Pass Campground?

Has anyone stayed here? How fast does it fill up? How is the atmosphere? How hot does it get in late June or early July?

Thanks!

Illinois
1. Re: Cedar Pass Campground?

I never stayed in the campground, but have driven by it many times. The sites are alongside the edge of the road, next to a guard rail. Very strange. We stayed at the White River KOA last year. Very nice (best in area) but they don't have a view of the badland formations. This year we may stay at the Badlands Interior Campground & Motel. It's right outside the west gate to the part. Not as nice as the KOA, no shade, but what a view!!

Lamar, Colorado
reviews: 27
2. Re: Cedar Pass Campground?

I am replying to my own post here. We ended up staying in the lodge, but I did get to see the campground. Here are the answers to my questions.

How fast does it fill up? It never had more than a few camps in it while we were there - not even close to capacity.

How is the atmosphere? If it were anywhere else, I would say it is boring. However, surrounded by the Badlands, it is beautiful. There are no trees or really anything else in the actual campsite, but if you have been to the Badlands, you would not expect that. The restrooms are nice and the rest of the facilities are well cared for.

How hot does it get? It gets fairly warm in the summer (during the day). There is no electricity at the campsite so this could be a problem. It cools off at night very well.

I want to add that the location is wonderful. It is near the visitor center and amphitheater.

midwest
3. Re: Cedar Pass Campground?

How was the lodge? Did you use the cabins?

4. Re: Cedar Pass Campground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 01, 2009