We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Availability of BLM Campsites

Asheville, North...
reviews: 1
October Availability of BLM Campsites

I'm hoping to spend 3-4 nights in October at Bureau of Land Management (BLM) campsites near the Arches and Canyonlands parks. I know the sites are first come, first served. Do these sites generally fill up quickly in October? How early would I need to get to any given BLM campground in order to get a spot?

Thanks!

USA
reviews: 6
1. Re: October Availability of BLM Campsites

Here is a phone number for the BLM in Moab for you to call and ask: 435.259.2100. Have a great trip.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
2. Re: October Availability of BLM Campsites

Greetings Adams,

Welcome to the desert. I lived in Asheville for a couple of years and Moab will be a stark contrast to the greenery you're used to. The improved BLM sites are typically first come first serve. I would imagine October will be fairly good chances of getting a campsite. If you show up on Friday night at 8:00 you may encounter some problems, but there are plenty of spaces. If you can't find one, just drive down a dirt road and pitch a tent in any other reasonable space. Here are a couple of websites that have BLM camping info around Moab.

blm.gov/ut/…camping_near_parks.html

blm.gov/ut/…campgrounds.html

Salt Lake City, Utah
3. Re: October Availability of BLM Campsites

Not sure when you are coming in but do note that UEA begins Thursday the 17th. All the school districts in Utah will be out of school for a long weekend. I know from experience that most all reservable campgrounds are usually booked for that weekend months in advance. You'll find some competition for the first come first serve BLM sites that particular weekend.

4. Re: October Availability of BLM Campsites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 12, 2014