We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction in park at Devils garden...problem?

West Michigan
reviews: 31
construction in park at Devils garden...problem?

found this alert on the NPS site re. arches....

Starting August 5, 2013, visitors should expect heavy traffic congestion and delays in the Devils Garden area of Arches National Park. To avoid the construction area, visitors can take the following steps:

1.Enjoy the first 16.5 miles (26.5 km) of desert landscape along the scenic drive, and then turn around at Sand Dune Arch parking lot to return to the visitor center.

2.Visit Devils Garden on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There will not be construction activity on those days.

3.Make alternate plans such as visiting other destination points in the area.

4.Modify your itinerary to visit the park after October.

Was wondering if anyone that has been lately can fill me in on how this is going and if there are long delays. I would really like to do the Devil's Garden hike and some of the other trails from this location.

Edited: 9:34 am, September 08, 2013
1 reply
Boston...
reviews: 15
1. Re: construction in park at Devils garden...problem?

I was there during the labor weekend and there was no construction during the holiday weekend. Of-course the place was full - atleast 75+ cars parked along a kind of circular driveway, but never had any issues finding a parking spot on the first try. I do not remember seeing any major construction equipment or anything except few small buildings like restrooms that were taped out.

Reply to: construction in park at Devils garden...problem?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted