We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions needed

Stillwater, New...
reviews: 25
suggestions needed

I will be traveling to Bar Harbor with my small dog and am recent bilateral knee replacement survivor (Ha). Would love suggestions to must- see sights that I can manage , Flat trail or water beach areas? I will have my own car and am staying in center Bar Harbor. Best lobster roll suggestions would also be appreciated? Preferably hot butter lobster type. I like authentic and try to avoid tourist type places. Feel frustrated I will not be able to manage bike or hikes.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 8
1. Re: suggestions needed

Some nice flat walks include Ship Harbor Trail and Wonderland Trail over near Bass Harbor. There is the Compass Harbor Trail and Shore Path right in downtown Bar Harbor.

Good lobster rolls at Side Street Cafe and Thirsty Whale.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
reviews: 107
2. Re: suggestions needed

Wonderland is very flat; a few small elevations but not much other than that. Portions of the trail along Park Loop Road are flat. The section that's at the top of the rise from Sand Beach all the way to Gorham Mountain should be good. Many of the carriage paths are wide and fairly flat. Nice flat beach in Seal Harbor that is very wide at low tide. The Shore Path in town. Jessup Path is flat and goes thru some lovely marsh and wooded areas. Ask the rangers while you're there. They'll have loads of suggestions for you.

Stillwater, New...
reviews: 25
3. Re: suggestions needed

Thank you for great suggestions!

Allentown...
reviews: 82
4. Re: suggestions needed

My husband and I had the lobster roll yesterday at the Side Street Cafe. It was excellent, all lobster meat, no filler, and a little mayo. Definitely recommend it.

Highland Lakes, New...
reviews: 24
5. Re: suggestions needed

For the more authentic, I would get out of Bar Harbor, as most places tend to be more touristy. But there's plenty of places on the island to check out, Northwest Harbor, Southwest Harbor, all within a few minutes drive. A nice easy hike, you can go out to bar island at low tide. The walk across the ocean bottom is about a half mile, and as flat as it gets.

New York
reviews: 13
6. Re: suggestions needed

You may also enjoy a nature cruise -- no hiking at all!

7. Re: suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 03, 2013