We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

Birmingham, United...
re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

I was wondering if anyone stayed in the campsite above recently. I was there a few weeks ago camping and it was a very unpleasant experience. The place was filthy -dirty toilets,no toilet paper, dirty showers, people sorting rubbish in full view with no gloves, animal poo everywhere and totally inadequate hand and diswashing facilities.Food is also prepared in an area not far from this dirt. We were afraid to even brush our teeth in case we caught something. It was overcrowded, noisy with no security and had an enclosed smoking area. it is an Ecoli outbreak waiting to happen Mixing a Pet farm with people staying is a disaster. I will never go there again. We have camped in Ireland before and always found it a very pleasant experience.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 9
1. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

just got back from here yesterday loved the place it may not have the facilities of some of the other campsites but what it does have is priceless the kids loved the place and whats more the security were not in our faces at the dote of 11 as on some campsites after having some terrible experiences in the likes of hidden valley and river valley this place was a joy and everything is not overpriced cant wait to go there again i would expect on any open farm there will be a certain amount of poo and smells i thought this place had a great atmosphere around it well done to them

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 241
2. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

As an avid camping enthusiast I must sum up camping in 'formal campsites' in Ireland thus:

Camping in Ireland is only suitable for insomniacs.

I have yet to find a campsite that you can get some semblance of a decent nights sleep.

The noise from rude and ignorant "campers" late into the night and following morning has all but turned me right off one of my favourite outdoor pastimes.

My lack of sleep has rarely been caused by children but more by their adult parents who show no respect for others once they combine alcohol and canvas (or worse still, massive un-environmental SUV's).

When I camp now, it's rarely in formal campsites but in some some secluded location where I can enjoy the true meaning of camping in the outdoors.

Edited: 7:50 am, August 21, 2011
Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 33
3. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

Bryno any time you want to pitch up in our back "lawn" you are more than welcome. Electric hook up and wash/toilet available in the barn, Pub 200yrds shop 4 miles. Occasional cars passing, dogs barking, cows mooing or deer rutting shouldn't keep you awake. Bread and scones can be made available but bring your own beer.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 241
4. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

wooo hooooo, i'll put 'tonys gaff' into my sat nav as soon as I buy one.

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 33
5. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

Co-ordinates available on request. We are no longer listed on Google maps but the AA havn't forgotten about us (they use Google maps so the location exists but the village name is not shown).

Tipperary
6. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

If you have a camper van there are lots of places where you can park. Unfortunately it's not that easy to set up a tent or caravan anywhere

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 11
7. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

Parsons Green is a great place for kids. The farm is a wonderful place for people who like animals i know the kids love it and that is what this site is all about. The owner PJ and all staff are always there to help. Most of the regulars are from Cork and i'm from Dublin and have met some lovely people and have being made very welcome every time i go down. People have complained about poo all over the farm but just stop and think NOW I have never being on a farm where farm animals use toilets or wear nappies but when i'm in Parsons Green the weekend i will ask PJ why he will not house train his farm animals and i will return and let you know what he says but i don't think tripadvisor will let me print his reply but stay tuned and see. Parsons green is a wonderful place and i enjoy my stay every time i go

Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

when you have being to campsites like river valley and hidden valley where you cant speak after 11 o clock you would realise what a gem this place is just a pity we only found it in late augest it is a credit to the staff here they make you feel so welcome and like you said the kids love it

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 11
9. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

I have being to redcross to many times to remember and believe me i know what you mean i also have being to hidden valley before redcross took it over it was a great place when Leslie & Dean owned it. I have not being to hidden valley since redcross took it over and i haven't being to redcross in years for the same reasons as you. Its for kids but they can't play after 8pm on bikes no roller blades no skate boards and playground closes at 10pm and adults must be in there caravans and tents by 11pm and no talking after that. That sounds to me as they are willing to take your money and i think it is over priced but they don't want to work for it . I know there has to be rules on camp sites and i do abide by them but some can go over board and the site turns into a concentration camp instead of a holiday park so i stick to the sites that have less rules and the owners seem to run them fine and i never have any hassle. I don't know if your camping or caravanning but the October long weekend is very good in Parsons Green the kids will have a ball

Dublin
reviews: 6
10. Re: re parsons green campsite cogheen Co Tipperary

We just spent last week-end at Parsons Green,it was our second time there and once again we had a ball. We were in a caravan and went with family members who also had a caravan. The place was almost empty,just ourselves and a lovely group in campervans from Cork.

The site has a great indoor play room for the kids,perfect for winter camping,our kids would go there every week if they could. They loved the animals and we all enjoyed walking our dogs around the farm. Service was super,we forgot to bring an electric heater with us but within an hour of our arrival John appeared with one we could borrow,my brother in-law was having trouble with his electrics and John also sorted this for him. When we were preparing to leave we were having car trouble and one of the lads in the camper vans was a mechanic and he kindly gave his time to help us out.

We will definately return!!

Get answers to your questions about Clogheen