We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Andaman Boat

Which Chalong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karon, Thailand
Lady Andaman Boat

Not sure whether we got this tour on a bad day but what a disaster. We paid over $150 AUD per person. Had to be at Chalong Pier by 9am and didn't leave until,after 11am. Waited around in the rain for hours. When we got on the boat there was no cold drinks. Food consisted of nibbles and a couple of BBQ satays each. Not sure where the chef was? Ran out of mixers (coke etc) and vodka by 12.30ish. Couldn't go where we planned to and just putted around the mainland until we finally arrived at Hey Island for special fried rice lunch with soup and 3 chicken legs. Granted the weather wasn't great but there was hardly any swell....I suffer from sea sickness and I was perfectly fine all day. The trip was a family outing with children on board. The man who owned the boat bought 2 prostitutes on board and wanted to make some extra money....clearly he was told not on your life. He was rolling around on the bean bags with the girls and other completely inappropriate things......unbelievable. We couldn't swim without hanging onto the ropes at the back of the boat until we got to Hey Island about 3pm. Extremely disappointing trip...I really felt for the others in the group who are first timers to Phuket...we have done Phi Phi, James Bond etc last year on the speed boats and had a great time and at a much cheaper price. This is the first time I have complained and normally go with the flow. I wouldn't recommend any families or people wanting some good, clean fun using this operator.

19 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 13
1. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

As the owner of the boat, I have never had to respond in 4 seasons operating in Thailand to anything like this before and "maybe" in responding I will fuel this. However, other previous clients have contacted me and expressed their sympathy based on their enjoyable experiences, prompting me to at least clarify many of the (to be polite) mis-conceptions.

Normally I would not dignify responding to the comments but as there was such a large diversity of good people in this group, all of who came to Thailand together, I comment as follows:

Surprisingly the men on this trip were great as normally they are the ones who consume so much alcohol and play up. With this trip it was a couple of the women and I put the majority of issues down to their heavy drinking and non understanding of Thai culture.

1. The trip was booked through a highly reputable agency and the price was nothing to do with us

2. The trip was booked for 1000 departure not 0900 and in checking the boat log book, customers started coming onboard at 1050 after the rain and wind subsided. We happily agreed to extend the return time for 1-2 hours depending on if baby sitting arrangements for children left ashore could be re-arranged which was confirmed.

3. Food and drink supplies were brought on board the same time as the weather subsided which is normally done an hour or so before departure time.

4. Due to the weather, 2x deliveries (bottled water and coke) did not arrive before we left. Yes we ran out of coke just before arriving for lunch, but we bought 30x cans from the island bar for the rest of the 4 hours of the trip. ( at 50 baht per can or 4 times the standard price)

5. There were no prostitutes on board, only 2x girls, both married who served the drinks and did the cleaning, all the time with happy dispositions.

6. Yes we had some fun playing with water/ice but really compared to what some of the men on the trip wanted re pole dancing and their requests for where to go after the trip was finished, it pales into significance.

7. Yes we ran out of 4x bottles of vodka and I was reluctant to open another large bottle of Absolute Vodka until we were under way from the island beach, which by the way had a great bar.

8. In heading to our intended destination of Koh Khai Nok island we found ourselves heading directly into a heavy storm and turned around and headed in a South Westerly direction where we ended up at Long Beach and anchored there.

Yes they could not swim without hanging onto the ropes and wearing life jackets as the current was simply too strong. Also Kayaking was not allowed due to the conditions as a safety precaution.

9. As much as this was a family trip, it was amazing the language, demeanor and "cattiness" that prevailed from some. Personally I spent time in the water with three of the ladies who were not consumed with drinking and enjoyed their company immensely. They asked many questions about Thailand which I answered as best I could and their openness, directness and honesty was in stark contrast to others.

Overall on the day, the weather, rain, tides and currents were something that the captain had to continually monitor and as always he errs on the side of safety as the ocean can be very unpredictable on days like we had with this group. It was by no means an ideal day, but was exacerbated by a couple of the individuals lack of understanding and "attitude"

The 5x crew unanimously voted this as a group to forget due to the rudeness and ignorance of a couple of them which, inturn mixed with so much alcohol consumption spoilt the trip even further.

Naturally there is no mention of the theft of cigarettes, alcohol and memorabilia that occurred, but what was appreciated, was the genuine apologies from a group of the men that came forward and expressed their dismay at events on the trip.

There are other things that could easily be mentioned but i intended to respond only directly to this "persons" comments.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Does the operator have a TAT license? I see no mention on the website, which is required.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Hello Steven

Yes we are fully covered, licensed to carry 50 people and have full insurance through QBE.

I take your point and will get our website updated so as to include this.

They are all posted up in the captains room along with other licences such as the captains, engineer/staff and company registration. All representatives of customers are shown copies before the trip starts, including the one this comment emanated from.

Edited: 7:19 am, October 11, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Hello Steven

Yes we are fully covered, licensed to carry 50 people and have full insurance through QBE.

I take your point and will get our website updated so as to include this.

They are all posted up in the captains room along with other licences such as the captains, engineer/staff and company registration. All representatives of customers are shown copies before the trip starts, including the one this comment emanated from.

Edited: 7:21 am, October 11, 2013
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
5. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Thanks.

6. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 am, October 17, 2013

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
7. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

A new poster from London who writes English like that?

Darwin
reviews: 170
8. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Unfortunately when on a large boat there are always going to be those that spoil it for others. Just make your own fun and make sure the owner knows what is going on. Steer away from the crass people.

Also sounds like weather had some part to play too. Lou darwin

Phuket Thailand
reviews: 8
9. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Sounds like I missed a good party.

Mark.

Brisbane
10. Re: Lady Andaman Boat

Wow! I've been on board Ladyandaman numerous times and have gotten to know the owner pretty well. i just can't see that he would have permitted the sort of conduct that the original poster mentioned, especially with a family group on board. He seems like a pretty decent guy to me. I'd be interested to know how this woman arrived at the conclusion that there were two "prostitutes" on board the boat - did they proposition her or something? I know that many western women who go to Thailand (usually the fat, ugly ones) seem to think that every Thai woman is a prostitute. Maybe she's just been hanging out in the wrong places, because nothing could be further from the truth! Seems like a really racially prejudiced view, and seems downright disrespectful to me, and my Thai wife. I really hate this sort of racist commentary!

Reply to: Lady Andaman Boat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted