We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need an AC at night?

Which Pecatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Do you need an AC at night?

Hello - We are looking to book accomodation for a trip in Bali - in the Bukit Uluwatu region. We are leaving in a couple of days. We found a place on the cliff overlooking the ocean where you may even get ocean splash on the balcony (its that close to the beach). The place does not have Air conditioning. Does anyone know if the tempretures so close to the ocean at night are comfortable enough to sleep in with just a fan? Do you need AC? I can not find many reviews on this topic.

Edited: 4:21 pm, October 15, 2013
12 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 163
11. Re: Do you need an AC at night?

Anywhere in Bali has safety issues, there is no such thing as a safe area, really. Normal precautions should be taken everywhere. Bingin is not an exception. Normally you should not have a problem but it depends on the surrounding areas and security where you are staying.

Cheers

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
12. Re: Do you need an AC at night?

Hi Hem - I think your personal tolerance to heat and humidity should inform your decision. Even though in my own country, Summer can be warm and humid (hah!), I find Bali to be on a different scale and I take some time to acclimatize. Note that nighttime humidity is currently around 80%. Personally I'd opt for air con.

Reply to: Do you need an AC at night?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted