We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Uluwatu like?

Which Pecatu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 35
What's Uluwatu like?

I've never been to Uluwatu before but we have been offered an amazing deal at the Bulgari Hotel. When we leave the hotel, are their cafes, shops and massage place in walking distance? Or is it more a place to visit and do things like beach activities, forests and temple visits?

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 29
1. Re: What's Uluwatu like?

The bulgari hotel is in a secluded area. To access beaches (other than Bulgari's private beach), restaurants, cafes etc you will need a driver.

There are the usual souvenir shops near Uluwatu temple. Otherwise, not much shopping or nightlife. There is a Moka Cafe and some warungs on Jl. Uluwatu, Ungasan but not too much else.

There are convenience stores/small supermarkets in the villages of Pecatu and Ungasan for everyday shopping.

The Bukit Peninsula is famous for surfing and beautiful beaches. There are several high end resorts there too. The bulgari is amazingly beautiful, I would not hesitate to stay there. Perfect if you just want some relaxation in extremely luxurious, exclusive and peaceful surroundings.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 123
2. Re: What's Uluwatu like?

Hi

The Bulgari Hotel is wonderful but it is isolated. Great if you want to go and chill for a few days but not in a location that I would choose to go for any longer. There is virtually nothing in the area at all and as harvey says you will need a car and a driver to go anywhere else. Area great for surfing but it is very dry and quite barren - not the lush tropical vegetation that you find elsewhere in Bali.

Cheers

Perth
3. Re: What's Uluwatu like?

Thanks for the replies!

We arrive on Thursday and depart Monday midnight (Tuesday morning). Very short trip this time!

Our offer is for three nights the Fri, Sat, Sun... so I think we might stay in the hustle and bustle of Seminyak on the Thursday night and then retreat to the Bulgari for the next three.

We have a few good drivers who we've used previously... so if we want to do something away from the hotel for dinner (which I suspect we might), I think we'll just engage in their services. Do Bluebird Taxis go down that way?

I think this forced relaxation and isolation could be a good thing. Being in Seminayak (although I love the area) is not really very relaxing and I feel a need to get out and do 'something'.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 123
4. Re: What's Uluwatu like?

I'm not sure that your drivers will want to go all the to Bulgari to pick you up but I hope so for your sake!! That is, unless they live somewhere down that way? I'm sure Bluebird taxis go there as many of them are stationed in Jimbaran anyhow.

Cheers

Perth
5. Re: What's Uluwatu like?

Hm I hadn't considered that. Hopefully if we do a day/half day they can incorporate it in.

Any recommendations for spas? The massages at the Bulgari Spa are ridiculously expensive!

Edited: 9:22 am, July 25, 2013
Reply to: What's Uluwatu like?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted