We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Tailor in Kamala

Which Kamala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Patong
reviews: 8
Good Tailor in Kamala

Any experience of the above?

12 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 56
1. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

I am trying Paragon Tailor, next to the seven 11 and Andara Resort. I heard good things about them from a couple of people. One of the Staff at Paresa recommended him as well. There are a few in the main street in Kamala, and to be honest I think it is a bit of the luck of the draw. In Thailand previously I have had great suits made, but the reviews on here were terrible for that tailor.

I am here at the moment and have a second fitting tonight at 6:30. So far they are good, but will give you an update after they have finished.

Sande i Vestfold...
2. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

Bumping this.

How was youre experience with this tailor?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 56
3. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

Sorry, I forgot about this.

The tailor was very good. We did go a little late into the trip, but the turn around time was good. After the first fitting adjustments needed to be made, but the final product I was happy with.

The fabric choice was good and I ended up finding some nice fabric which resulted in a nice lite summer suit. I would recommend them as was suit was well fitted and the quality on par with the other suits I have had made in Thailand.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

After reading this post, I decided to try Paragon Tailor.

I first called to enquire about the turn around time and the answer was "can be done within 24hrs". I only had a couple of days in Thailand so I thought I'd give it a go.

When I first got to the shop, there wasn't anyone standing around asking you to come in or saying "cheap suit cheap suit"

I met Mike the owner of the store, he was very helpful. He explained the different types of fabrics, even burning material to show me which is better.

Initially, there was suppose to be 1 measure + 1 fitting. I managed to fit in 1 measure + 2 fittings into a suit which was produced less than 48hrs.

The final product was perfect, can't fault this tailor at all.

So if you do want a nice suit go to Mike @ Paragon Tailor, say that Daniel sent you here and he'll look after you!

Enjoy!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

Upon returning to Phuket for the second time, I paid Mike a visit. I noticed he has a great selection of fabrics and some which I have never seen in other stores even in Bangkok. Two years later he still remembered my choices and even offered to take me to the fabric wholesalers in Patong so I could view the entire collection rather than from catalouges in his store.

Although I only had one day, Mike was able to deliver as promised and make the necessary adjustments after the fitting. Overall, he delivers good quality for the price that you pay.

Mike was also very obliging and patient and gave me great recommendations for bars, restaurants and shopping attractions.

New Plymouth, New...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

This was our first time in Phuket and we were on a mission to get some tailored suits made. With so many to choose from it was hard to make a decision but after reading this thread we chose to give Mike a go. And we are so pleased we did!

Located over the river at the southern end of the beach next to the 7 Eleven, Mike has a small shop away from the Main Street in Kamala which speaks to the type of business he has. Due to many satisfied repeat customers Mike does not need to be with the crowd or have a hawker outside persuading punters to buy from his business. Don't be fooled by his casual attire because after 17 years in the business and 13 based in Kamala Mike really knows what he is doing. We felt at ease right away and Mike gave good advice about the fabrics and designs we were choosing. We had several fittings and nothing was a problem. The finished articles are great quality and we are really happy with them. Mike is open about the fact he is not the cheapest and you get what you pay for. He offers a fair price and the only negotiating I did was in getting a scooter free of charge for the duration of our stay in Kamala (which was very handy for going to and from his shop for the fittings!)

All in all I feel confident in recommending Mike if you are looking for a tailor in Kamala Beach, Phuket.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 20
7. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

I also used Mike at Paragon Tailor recently and got a nice suit and some shirts made - great quality. My girlfriend was able to bring some shirts she owns and get them copied with new designs for a fraction of what they cost originally. You might be able to save some baht by bargaining hard down in Patong but I found Mike's to be laid back, no pressure and lots of time to pick the correct materials, styles ,etc.

Mike also has a tour company and a scooter rental company so he can be a one-stop shop for all your holiday needs!

Highly recommended!

Glostrup, Denmark...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

We were in Kamala Beach a few years ago. we went to visit Mike. he was friendly and helped us a lot. got a deal we a big car also so we could travel arround. we bought a suit and some shirts and a fine dress for the ladies.

BUT WARNING WARNING WARNING

We told Mike that we were from denmark and he said that he would go on a round trip to Scandinavia to visit danish swedish and norweigan costumors. so we made an appointment to meet up.

He came to Denmark and meet up with us.We made dinner in our house and talked a lot. he had all his goods with him so we signed up for five suits and som dresses and 15 shirts. he said he would send it to denmark for fittings and there were no problems with that. he asked for money in advance so we gave him 1350€ arround 10.000 dkr

after a really nice dinner and coffee and a late talk he left our house and we have never heard from him again!!

so be patient. dont meet up with him in ypu house. and dont pay anything in advance!! he is very nice and friendly in the start. and helpfull.

I have other friends who got a restaurant in Kamala and they are telling me that Mike Tailor is still there. so just want to tell my story. I know people from Norway has discovered the same thing.

we will never se our money again. we were stupid. but here you got our history!!

Thomas

reviews: 2
9. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

Don't go to paragon tailor! The guy

Mike seems very nice but is a thief! I paid him $500 for two nice suits and when they weren't ready at the end of my trip he said he would mail them to me. Never sent them. Never gave me a tracking number. Now he hangs up on me when I call. Don't pay anything in advance. Don't support someone who steals from tourists.

reviews: 2
10. Re: Good Tailor in Kamala

Don't go to paragon tailor! The guy

Mike seems very nice but is a thief! I paid him $500 for two nice suits and when they weren't ready at the end of my trip he said he would mail them to me. Never sent them. Never gave me a tracking number. Now he hangs up on me when I call. Don't pay anything in advance. Don't support someone who steals from tourists.

Reply to: Good Tailor in Kamala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted