We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

muay thai at Kamala Beach

Which Kamala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 38
muay thai at Kamala Beach

Anyone know if there are any training camps in this area?

Kalgoorlie...
reviews: 6
1. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

oooh hope you hear somethng back soon as my partner is also looking for the same thing! :)

Auckland
2. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

I have found Patong Boxing Gym in Patong which is about 15 mins drive from Kamala Beach. They only do 1:1 though. Rawai is about 40mins so sadly too far....

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 13
3. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

There is a training camp, its not easy to find, but I will try and find some details.

www.maps-phuket.com/kamala/kamala-map-sm.gif

In that map, its located on the northern side of the south-east loop road.

There are several in Patong and a new one on the way to Karon from Patong as well.

Edited: 2:01 am, June 05, 2011
Auckland
4. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

thanks I look forward to hearing from you again as to what you find out

Auckland
5. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

can confirm there is a muay thai training ring next door to kamala child development centre. You will probably need a taxi driver to take you there though as hard to find - training at 5pm daily, cheers

Winston Salem...
reviews: 1
6. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

I'm not sure if you're already there in Kamala or looking to go, but i have to recommend Patong Boxing Gym, which has now moved to the Secret Cliffs resort near Karon. I trained with this gym when they were still up in the hills behind Patong Beach, and the staff and management is excellent. Now they have a newer, bigger facility with more boxing rings, nicer rooms with private beach access, even a 2-level infinity pool under construction! They have a great website and page on FB if you're interested in learning more.

Auckland
7. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

Yes, thanks for your recommendation. I visited PBG but it was too far from Kamala to attend regularly. However will definitely organise to train there next time. I also attended the patong boxing stadium gym in central patong which offered good training, cheers

Winston Salem...
reviews: 1
8. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

Cool. Have you checked out fightpassport.com? the guy that did that site has pretty extensive knowledge of the gyms in the area-- that's how i got hooked up with PBG. Good luck!

Auckland
9. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

Didn't know about that website, will check it out

PS Also did great training at Koh Samui with www.junmuaythai.com

10. Re: muay thai at Kamala Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 02, 2012