We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bijoli island trip?

Which Bijilo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
Bijoli island trip?

Hi, I'd love to see Ospreys & see the islands are a great spot but only visitable through the Gambian wildlife department. I have tried emailing them but the web email bounced. Has anyone been to the Islands / know how a trip can be arranged?

6 replies to this topic
banjul
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bijoli island trip?

to see plenty of Ospreys you do not need to go to the Island. The River Allahain at Kartung has an abundance of Ospreys, Fish Eagles, African eagles, pelicans etc all of which can be seen diving and fishing by simply hiring a local boat on the river.

Penkridge, United...
2. Re: Bijoli island trip?

is that far from kotu and wot would the boat hire cost please will be there end of the month thanks kes

bath
3. Re: Bijoli island trip?

i know its a long while since we were last there but on the standard trip up the river there were ospreys around every bend fantastic and the large pied kingfisher where every where as well

banjul
4. Re: Bijoli island trip?

If you go to Kartung at the riverside ask for Alex he has a small boat with outboard. Give him no more than 1000 dalasi for the trip up the river. Kartung is about 45 mins from the tourist areas by taxi you should pay about 2000 for a return trip.

Penkridge, United...
5. Re: Bijoli island trip?

thank you banjulbert very helpful kez

blackpool
6. Re: Bijoli island trip?

sent you a pm

Reply to: Bijoli island trip?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bijilo