We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

Which Anse Marcel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

We are reaching SXM at 8.30 pm. We were thinking of renting a car for a week at the airport and driving to the hotel. How difficult is it to drive at that time of the day? What other Car Rental options do we have. Please advise.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

If this is your first visit I suggest taking a taxi and renting a car at the hotel. I would estimate a 45 minute +/- drive. If you are driving book your car on line for best selections and rates and bring your confirmation with you.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
2. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

You can also have the rental of your choice delivered to your hotel the next morning. Sometimes rentals at resorts charge a higher fee.

New York
reviews: 73
3. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

I recal that Radisson is up in the Cul de sac near Anse Marcel. That stretch can get very dark in spots at night as I recall. I'd either cab it or get a rental car guy to drive you there. After a long flight last thing you need is to navigate that stretch which if I am correct is literally on the opposite side of the island from Juliana.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
4. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

Yes, you are spot on Rock!

New York
reviews: 73
5. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

thats actually the one beach we missed. Anse Marcel. I hear it's lovely. next time!

New York City, New...
6. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

Thanks for the advise.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 19
7. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

There should be no problems. Just watch your speed as there are random "speed bumps" on the highway. Also, people will simply stop for no particular reason, sometimes to speak with a friend, some time for no particular reason at all. I would check a map, (such a Google Maps) before you go to get the general idea of where you are going. You might not have phone or internet access on the way so you may want to have that in your mind before you go. Driving through Maragot and Grand Case will be slow but no problem.

I am going to doing the same thing in mid-September.

Edited: 9:46 pm, August 22, 2013
8. Re: Travelling from airport to Radison Blu at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Anse Marcel