We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not impressed

cheshire UK
reviews: 15
not impressed

returned from earlier today-covered in mosquito bites-not surprising really given all of the smelly stagnant canals. Liken the place to a tropical Blackpool minus the tower. Palma area much nicer, having said that generally found Spanish people rude wherever i went.

Edited: 5:17 pm, August 24, 2012
cheshire UK
1. Re: not impressed

does have an amazing beach though (better than Blackpool)

Edited: 5:24 pm, August 24, 2012
Poole, United...
reviews: 10
2. Re: not impressed

Not a fan of Alcudia myself either (my first opinion was identical to yours) but it must have some good points due to the amount of visitors it gets.

wirral
reviews: 74
3. Re: not impressed

Not for me to defend it.But there is a vast range of experiences,holiday conditions depending on where you stay around Alcudia Bay.Alcudia (not for me),Pto Alcudia (a bit better),Playa de Muro (now you are talking),Son Baulo,C'an Picafort.Too late for ststephens but select carefully.So varied all within 4 miles.

And re mosquitoes.Just look at this forum for the warnings to take repellents.

cheshire UK
4. Re: not impressed

yes did apply the repellent liberally and still loads of bites

manchester england
5. Re: not impressed

i agree wirral, stayed all along the bay from son baulo to the port and if you do your research im sure you can find what you want from your holiday.

Hampshire England
reviews: 57
6. Re: not impressed

Weird how some people seem to attract the mozzies no matter how much Deet is applied. I hardly ever get bit. But the MIL gets scoffed.

Maybe that's not a bad thing... ;-)

London, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: not impressed

I agree alcudia lacks character but it's a great place for young families with plenty of things going on. Also if your after an all inclusive hotel on a beach, playa de muro has the best on the island.

Belfast
reviews: 12
8. Re: not impressed

We all have different tastes and expectations and although I love Alcudia, I can appreciate its not for everyone. Yes mossies can be a real problem in Alcudia (hubby gets eaten alive and especially this year for some reason), but on a positive note at least you'll not contract Malaria from a bite lol. Would you be able to tell us where you stayed? Are you going to write a review?

J

uk
reviews: 72
9. Re: not impressed

well. im one of those people that attracts mozzies continually. i get bitten real bad and get lumps all over my head and body. it was getting ridiculous that i went to speak to my doc about t. he said that some people do actually attract mozzies more than others. he told me to go get either garlic tablets from holland and barrett, or any similar ealth food/pill shop, or this other kind of herbal tablet(cant remember what it was). Anyway i did. and it worked great. ive tried both the garlic tablets and the herbal ones and ive never been bitten since. dont know if its the tablets or just luck.

as for majorca...hmmm...im not a big fan of it. Not putting it down, but it just seems that theres not much going on around there. But that might just be me so i wont slag it off. still had a good holiday there.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
reviews: 32
10. Re: not impressed

We just got back from our first time in alcudia and I have to say, we absolutely loved it !! I will write a review on our hotel, the many,many fab restraunts we went to and the great bars we visited, loved the old town particularily.