We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls holiday

Manchester...
reviews: 12
Girls holiday

Hi, I'll be visiting Alcudia in September with three of my friends (all girls) and I was wondering if you could help us decide how much spending money to take? At the moment we're looking at taking between £4-500 each, is this enough? We're not really party animals so we won't be getting wasted every night but we do like a few drinks. What are the general prices for booze? We also want to do a few trips whilst we are there and will probably eat out a few times in the evening as we are half board at our hotel and we'll probably want a change every now and then. Any help would be appreciated and if you could recommend any fun trips, nice bars etc that would be great too. Thanks in advance :)

Manchester...
1. Re: Girls holiday

Oh and we're staying for a week, forgot to mention that :)

Belfast
2. Re: Girls holiday

Hi there!

Where are you staying? the trips can be quite expensive especially if you're heading to the south of the island but if you have a look at the "no frills excursions" website it will give you an idea of how much specific trips will cost. As for prices, you could always try buying some alcohol in the supermarket (colber or spar) and have a few glasses before you go out. Depending on what you drink, pints of local beer can be bought for as little as 1.50 - 1.75 and if you opt for local spirits they are cheaper (huge measures!). Cocktails start at about 4.50 and there's offers on alcopops/bottled beer (i.e. 2 for 5 euro) and some bars do offers on cocktails. Eating out can be done quite cheaply as well, i.e. main courses starting from 5 euro. Plus the chinese buffets are well worth the money as well ... 6 euro for all you can eat. Mind you these were prices for last year but in my experience the prices don't change much from year to year.

Jaye

Switzerland
reviews: 16
3. Re: Girls holiday

I was just there for 5 days by myself and I think you could manage wih 400-500 and still go on 1-2 excursions with No frills. You might also want to try a horse riding at www.hipicaformentor.wordpress.com. They rescue horses who have nee abused and train them for riding and since I did not have a car worked it out that they picked me up at my hotel and dropped my off so I did not have to pay a taxi. was really cool.

birmingham,uk
reviews: 21
4. Re: Girls holiday

Think of it being £70 a day = 84e at the moment.

Alcohol between 2.5e and 6e depending on what drink

Food, Expect to pay between 7e and 20e depending on where and what you eat.

Excursions from 30e, here's a link..

http://www.nofrills-excursions.com/

London, United...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Girls holiday

Also depends on what board basis your staying at? If your half board with dinner you'll be fine, if your self catering I would buy your breakfast and lunch from the supermarket and spend your money on nice evenings out.

6. Re: Girls holiday

I would take £500 personally,and no less, that would get you around €600 if you want to do trips go on nofrills.com or look for one of their shops when u get there, they're the cheapest, there is lots of drink offers 2 for 1, buy a drink get a shot free etc,

hartlepool
reviews: 5
7. Re: Girls holiday

we just come bk from alcudia we stayed port end for 1 wk hb but food was awful so ate out 5 nights food was around 10e -20e drinks 2e for larger spirits with a mixer bout 4.5e cocktails 4.5e there is a few burger places do burger chips n a coke for 5e plus theres kfc,pizza hut n burger king if u not fussed on nice restraunts.no frills r good for excurtions slightly cheaper than the reps aswell .trips average for waterparks 42e dont go hydro park in alcudia its crap! pirates is around 62e but includes food n sangria n fantastic ! reckon u be ok with £500 .have a nice hol !

8. Re: Girls holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 20, 2013