We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info please

England
info please

hi all,

me and my friend and our two children (age 4) are looking to go to club mac for 1 week on wednesday 20th may, we havent booked yet we are gonna book on sunday, have seen some really cheap deals to this hotel, and all the reviews seem pretty good too. the only thing that is not included is the transfers, is this just a case of getting a taxi from the airport or should we book transfers before we go how much are we looking at about, how far is airport from alcudia?

Sorry one last thing, is it warm now, warm enough to sunbathe all the weather sites say different things?

Thanks

wirral
reviews: 74
1. Re: info please

You must have read different reviews to the ones I read.All the reviews "pretty good"? don't think so at least the ones on TripAdvisor.Taxi for 4 from the airport will cost about 80 euros per single journey day rate.It is more than 40 miles-1 hour journey.Shared shuttle won't be much cheaper per head for 4 of you.

Of course it is your holiday and if you are set on clubmac so be it.But I would advise against it and recommend AI Hotels Sol Mirlos/Tordos in Palma Nova (shorter transfers too).One of our esteemed Majorca Forum fellow members infomallorca knows the 3 clubmac hotels better than I do and he is more positive about them than I am.No I haven't stayed there and wouldn't even if they were free.

Weather? Last week midweek was sunny and very warm but has dived since then.Very changeable in May.

England
2. Re: info please

sorry think i may have mixed up the hotel, i meant club mac jupiter and saturno complex, if you put it in the search engine top left, you will see that its 34 out of 70 favourite hotels and the reviews are really good, it comes up with club mac alcudia, i have just read the reviews on the hotel i stated in my previous post, they are awful i did not mean that hotel, sorry.

Thanks

wirral
3. Re: info please

clubmac alcudia comprises Hotels Jupiter,Saturno,Marte.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 76
4. Re: info please

It's the same one Nat. You will see some ok reviews, and some pretty damming ones. Now I know it's all a matter of personal choice, but I don't think I would be risking taking 2 small children somewhere where food poisoning sounds pretty common. Also, depends how much of a deal you get, but if it doesn't include transfers, that's going to set you back a bit as it's a long way from the airport.

I would try somewhere a bit closer, Palma Nova or Santa Ponsa maybe.

The weather should be fine for sunbathing, I was out there in April and I had quite a few days by the pool working on my tan!

Durham
reviews: 15
5. Re: info please

I am booked to go to that hotel next week and transfers wise we have booked Resorthoppa through Travel republic as they're the cheapest, it was around £50 return for the four of us.

A taxi from the airport to Alcudia will be quite expensive as it's quite a distance.

You are right about the reviews they're very mixed and are not all damning, some are actually excellent and are listed across all travel forums. I spent ages and ages reading reviews on many different sites and although the complex has sadly had problems in the past it does not mean they will continue.

Reviews for this brand new season have all so far been excellent, so hopefully lessons learned.

wirral
6. Re: info please

woolly that is a sensible response.Please be sure to post an Hotel Review on your return.Thousands will be hanging on your words.cubmac needs some good PR.

England
7. Re: info please

thanks guys for all the info, i was thinking they are two different hotels, one of them says 34 out of 70 and all the reviews are excellent (thats if you type in club mac jupitor saturno) but if you just type in jupiter saturno it is 50 out of 70 and the reviews are awful??? can this really be the same hotel, they also have to different prices on teletext, maybe i will go somewhere else.

thanks

Durham
8. Re: info please

Thanks Wirral, I like to keep things sensible and factual. It would be difficult for me to do anything else really seen as I have never personally been to the place yet.

Many have booked to go though and I will indeed report back on my return with factual and up to date information.

Durham
9. Re: info please

It's a very mixed bag indeed Nat18 and it is indeed the same complex in all listings, it's 3 hotels in one massive complex.

Prices for the complex do vary considerably depending on who you book with. Booking through Directholidays and I think it was First choice(?) will actually cost you a small fortune so it's certainly not all cheap and cheerful.

Like I say I read every review on every site going and made my mind up from them I also know people who have been before so weighed it all up myself.

England
10. Re: info please

thanks wooly, i am just looking for the cheapest deal really, we were originally going to butlins before so anywhere has to be better, the cheapest i have found is salou and also aludia, my friend went to club mac two years ago and said it was the best holiday of her life really fun and cheesy with loads to do which is what we want with two kids, though the food poisioning is a worry, surely the problem would have been addressed by now, im actually on the computer now ready to book, so the cheapest deal shall win, im sure wherever we go we will enjoy at the end of the day its what you make it and the company you are with.

Thanks