We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here we go again... EPM or ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath
reviews: 9
Here we go again... EPM or ?

Hello everyone,

Some of you might remember that I spent quite a bit of time on this forum end 2013-beg 2014 before spending 2 amazing weeks at EPM for my honeymoon where I started a mini live from . I know, I know I have done published my review yet but it is coming.

Anyway guess what... I am now starting to plan our 1 year anniversary holiday. The budget is a lot more limited but I want something special.

We loved EPM but if we were going to there we would want a swim up along the lazy river as this would have been perfect for us (not that we complain as we were given a superb sea view).

I also want to spend a few days in New York before then so I was thinking London-NYC for 4 days and then 7 days in the Carribean. My first reaction is to go back to EPM in a swim up but the prices are quite high I have to admit. I also would have loved to spend 10 days (on top of the 4 in NYC) but I don't think we could afford it this time.

I know this might seem a strange question but I am sure that a lot of you that are returning guest must have asked themselves this questions: Should I just book 7 days at EPM in a swim up, should I book 5 days in a different hotel and then 5 days EPM swim up (I don't know if I could afford this though) or should I take a risk and go for 10 days in a nice hotel but a bit cheaper taking the risk of regretting not being at EPM?

I would really love a swim up room this time, if you loved EPM and stayed at other hotel, which ones would you recommend that would be of about the same standards (frankly EPM was so amazing that I could settle for a bit lower standards even!)

Thank you for your help.

6 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
reviews: 53
1. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

Just to clarify are the NYC & Caribbean / Mexico trips linked and how many days are you looking to go for?

Kansas City...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

Are you looking for Mexico only?

Is your vacation all about the resort only, not about the island/culture you travel to?

Bath
reviews: 9
3. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

Hello

Yes NYC and the caribbean would be one after the other.

I loved what we discovered in Mexico but frankly what I want for this break is exactly that a break so as long as it is sunny, there is some pools, a beach, good food and drink, I don't mind where I stay this time round.

Have any of you ever experienced any of the dreams or now resorts and if so how do they compare?

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 4
4. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

How about Jamaica? Negril is incredible. Or we are going to try Secrets SWO at some point.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

Dreams and Nows are very nice. Honestly, I would look at VIM, I think you would fit right in there....

Dorset
reviews: 17
6. Re: Here we go again... EPM or ?

Try Excellence Punta Cana. It's a lovely hotel.

Reply to: Here we go again... EPM or ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted