We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 4
EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

going for my first time in aug. we are already super tan. will spf 30 be enough? We are gonna try sun sum products this vacation. We plan on spending alot of time at the beach and pool

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

Hi Brian,

that is all we use however, you must remember to re-apply after swimming or excessive sweating!!. If you are careful, you should be just fine.

Kansas City...
2. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

Yes, but as avd said...re-apply, re-apply, and re-apply. I would also take SPF lip balm with highest SPF you can find.

Newton Abbot...
reviews: 16
3. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

Remember that the SPF only lengthens the time to burn. If you burn in ten minutes. SPF 30 extends that to 300 minutes or, 5 hours.

If you want to be out all day you need to be prudent and use shade as well. Having said that, the sun's rays are sneaky and bounce of reflective objects like sand and concrete to find you, so, just because you're in the shade, don't think the little buggers won't get you .

Merritt Island...
reviews: 18
4. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

Brian D- I used SPF 50, were in the sun daily for a week, and still burned. Also - I live in Florida and am accustomed to the sun and have a medium complexion. The chairs with palapas for shade are in higher demand, so you may not be able to get one each day. IMO, I'd pack the 50 to be safe ( and I used 100 for my face)!

UK
reviews: 29
5. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

We always wear f50 in Mexico and still have to be careful

A word of advice be careful not to get dehydrated/sun stroke if you stay out in the sun all day as the heat of the sun can be as bad as the brightness

We always drink plenty of water and take in some shade at intervals during the day as well as wearing a hat/ cooling off in the ocean frequently

Regards

Higrade

Edited: 2:16 pm, July 09, 2014
6. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

Thanks for responses everyone!

Erie, Pennsylvania
reviews: 7
7. Re: EPM in Aug. Will SPF 30 be enough?

I always use a higher SPF on the face, such as Neutrogena 50 SPF and a SPF 20 lip balm. We can go through 2 bottles in a week because we reapply often as others have recommended. Bring more than you think you need because it is expensive to purchase it in the gift shop.