We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction Info - EPM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 1
Construction Info - EPM

I have just spoken to my parents who are at EPM as we speak.... They have been there for almost a week... This is what I was told....

No construction noise to be heard - most important ( They have walked the beach and had lunch at Sol, which is pretty much right there...). As well, although the Staff seems to be being a bit elusive, they have discovered this.... Bldg 9 IS partially closed and there are plans to convert Bldg 7 and ALL of 8 to EC rooms...

I will post if things change or new information is available....

174 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Awesome thank for the info! We r booked in a EC RTT due to arrive in may. Hope it's not noisy!! Super Freaking

Belleville, Ontario
reviews: 11
2. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to vacation!! T-11 days!

Tillsonburg, Canada
reviews: 33
3. Re: Construction Info - EPM

We are also here right now and I never heard anything from the construction today. Loudest machine was the pirate ship that goes by daily trying to stir up business!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 31
4. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Thank your parents for the update! It's great to hear from people who are actually there.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
5. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Thank you for these valuable updates and I agree that that pirate ship can be very annoying

It would make sense for them to close the high upper floors of #9 to avoid people having to look across the construction site

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
6. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Given neither building 7 or 8 have ocean views, that seems strange to me - unless they are planning to sell 'garden view' EC rooms as they do at EPC - I wouldn't be overly impressed if I had booked an ocean view EC room to be given building 7 or 8.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
7. Re: Construction Info - EPM

It could be they meant #7b and not #7. Anytime we have talked with staff about buildings they have never added any of the letters after the room number - time will tell

"unless they are planning to sell 'garden view' EC rooms as they do at EPC"

They could certainly do this for all new bookings

NY
reviews: 4
8. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Thanks for the info! Going in less than 2 weeks and I hope the situation doesn't drastically change!

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Construction Info - EPM

"Bldg 9 IS partially closed and there are plans to convert Bldg 7 and ALL of 8 to EC rooms"

I'm sure this is fantastic news for EC guests, but what about non EC guests already booked and were assigned or slotted for those rooms? Where do they go?

Scotland
reviews: 13
10. Re: Construction Info - EPM

Yes, this concerns me too. We have requested block 7, as we are non EC, but have not yet had a reply from EPM to acknowledge one way or another.

Reply to: Construction Info - EPM
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted