We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from EPM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 4
Live from EPM

As someone who has stalked this site since my first trip to EPM and have rarely participated I thought I would share a live from post now that I have arrived last night for my third visit. I love reading when others post so I figured why not give it a try. I also thought that this may be a good outlest as this time I have brought my parents who have never been anywhere and I am gussing there may be a few stories related to that I just might have to share. I first must warn everyone that I am doing this on a tablet I am not familiar with so this may be one big continuous paragraph so I apologize in advance. We flew Westjet and used the transportation provided by them. As in all trips we went straight to Exellence without any other stops arriving within 25 minutes. I will say that this is the first time we had others coming from Ottawa going to the hotel with us. This couple is on their 5th trip here so staying consistent with the theme of a high number of return guests. We arrived around 5:30 and we were hungry so we freshened up and headed to the Mexican restaurant as is tradition for our first night. I am terrible with names so I forget the name of our waiter but he was fabulous. He went to another bar to get my dad some bud light as he is not very open minded to mexican beers. He also brought me spicy salsa when I mentioned I like hot salsa and told me where I can purchase it when I asked him. He also managed to secure me some churros after advising that they had run out. As it was about 6:30 we were practically the only ones there. As it was travel day we did not stay out too late. We enjoyed some music at Cafe kafe and then headed in for the night. Some initial observations from our first night. The resort seems busier than I have ever seen it and there seems to be a large number of groups who seemed to be indulging and having a good time. We will see if there are any impacts during the daylight hours when we head to the beach or the pool. I almost forgot to mention that when we arrived we were given an upgrade to a swimout room for being return guests which was not expected or necessary. I didnt want it at first as I prefer to be on a higher floor however my hubby was thrilled as it is the only room type we have not stayed in. As I am currently sitting on the patio sipping my coffee I think I will in fact enjoy it. Thata it for now....I must go collect my parents soon before they get lost. I will try to post throughout the week and I hope everyone enjoys the updates.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 11
51. Re: Live from EPM

Thank you for taking the time for this live from. Totally enjoyed it! Have a safe trip home.

Ottawa
52. Re: Live from EPM

Our last day is now behind us and I am sitting on the patio sipping my coffee while I procrastinate about packing up my stuff. Yesterday was very windy and a liitle bit cold but we made the best of it when we realized the water temperature was warmer than the air temperature. We chatted with some old friends and made some new ones. Thats one of the things I love about this pkace is that it seems set up so that there is always someone new to meet and a conversation to be had.

I am happy to report to anyone who may be arriving today that it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day and the clouds have moved out. I really wish we were staying another week as the time has gone too fast. I have already started working on my husband for a two week stay next time. His issue is that he likes to try new places and doesnt want to return to the same place twice. Since this is our 3rd time here I am sure I can convince him to come back. I think I will compromise and we will stay someplace new for the first week and then return home to EPM for the second week. As always we have left some things on the table that we did not do so we have a reason to come back.

Travelling with my oarents has been interesting to say the least. They have certainly enjoyed themselves perhaps enough to try it on their own next time or return with some of their friends. While I have loved exoeriencing this pkace through their eyes I think our next vacation will be just my hubby and I. Or with my sister and her husband as I know she has been reading this thread ;-) and loves this place as much as I do as we brought them here 2 years ago.

One thing I foegot to mention that just goes to show some of the extra little touches they do here. When we were here 2 years ago at the same time of year we had advised them it was our anniversary. We did not advise them this time as we felt we didnt need the little extras. They somehow knew when we arrived and we had the anniversary banner on our door. Our travel agent did not advise them. I do not know how they knew or if maybe even it was a coicidental error on their part but I like to think that they just like to extra mile for their guests.

Thats all for my live from! I hope everyone enjoyed. I am going to take my last tour of the property for this trip, have some breakfast and then behin the dreaded task of packing up. Hopefully I can begin a new live from the same time next year. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum to make me want to stop being a silent obsever and share a little of my experience.

Chester, United...
reviews: 56
53. Re: Live from EPM

Thanks you for taking time out of your trip to do a very well balanced, informative and sometimes humorous live from thread

Have a safe trip home

Saint Louis...
reviews: 71
54. Re: Live from EPM

That is great service that they knew it was your anniversary without you guys saying anything. I'm sure they keep that stuff in a 'file' for past guests or something. When we arrived last year, we got the exact same room as we had the year before, and when I mentioned it to Virginia and Mariana they both said, "I know - that is YOUR room"... thought that was so cool.

Excellent 'Live From' - very informative and enjoyed reading it. Thought it was cool that you could experience this with your parents - I'm sure they had a great time. And so glad he tried something other than Bud Light!! Have a safe trip home!!

St. Thomas Ontario
55. Re: Live from EPM

Thanks for the great Live From posts, made this past week of planning our trip much better. Have a safe trip home.

Ontario, Canada
56. Re: Live from EPM

Sad to see that it's over and sorry to say that we're having a winter storm for your arrival home. Safe travels.

57. Re: Live from EPM

Thank you for your daily posts. I enjoyed reading them. I have a quick question for you since my wife and I will be visiting EPM in 5 days. Several years ago we visited and the Mosquitos at sundown were pretty bad. Did you notice any problems with Mosquitos during your visit this last week?

Ottawa
58. Re: Live from EPM

No problems with mosquitos at all. I didnt notice any and no bites!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 3
59. Re: Live from EPM

EPM to Ottawa. Bet that felt nice. The best part of a live from is that you can read it later. Hope you had a great vacation and a great trip home. Enjoyed it. Welcome back to reality. It's not so bad. Fantasy world is there any time you're ready. :) And can afford it...

scotland
reviews: 12
60. Re: Live from EPM

Brill post thanks for taking the time .. we go may .. whooo whoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!