We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Depression Four

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich UK
reviews: 12
Tropical Depression Four

Hi All

looks like a storm is developing out in the Atlantic at the moment..

Looks to have a chance of hitting the Yucatan Peninsula next week sometime

Too early to tell but with our luck I wouldn't be surprised!

We were in ERC when the hurricane hit last Aug, so I was kind of expecting something to come along :)

Cheers

Jim

31. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Anybody know the best why to get from the airport and back. The hotel is telling me its about $100 dollars each way.

We will see you all at the martini bar the week of aug 5th :)

Thanks in advance

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 4
32. Re: Tropical Depression Four

luckylarry - we use Cancun Transfers. You can book online and either pay in advance or pay cash to the driver. Cost is <50% of the cost that Excellence would arrange. There are others, such as USA Transfers, but we've never used them.

Edited: 9:12 am, July 26, 2013
North Carolina
reviews: 17
33. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Larry, www.cancuntransfers.com

$70 round trip, private transfer... We use them every time...

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
34. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Jimbo, current path projections would place it impacting the Yucatan around 2-3 August IF (big IF), it moves in that direction. I can't see how your flight on 30 July would be impacted.

If the effects of Dorian do make it to the Yucatan, you might find a trip to Coba or Chichen Itza pleasurable if non rain cloud cover makes it that far inland.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 68
35. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Oh goody, we get there on the third......just our luck!

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 19
36. Re: Tropical Depression Four

my luck too Jenny, we fly in on 8/2

Norwich UK
reviews: 12
37. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Thanks co_pilot, it's looking that way :)

It maybe an issue for some traveling in Aug, so good to have the post running for visibility.

Can't understand some people...not once have I said or implied to be an expert on hurricanes. Just pointed out that one had developed and was moving west

Oh we'll....4 days and we'll be on our way :)

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 19
38. Re: Tropical Depression Four

i tried to go on the weather pages and not having any weather background I have no clue how to read them. It looks scary though- I'll just sit tight and hope to arrive on the 2nd safely :) Once I arrive I will be fine- its just the thought of a rough flight with my daughter that scares me more.

Florida
39. Re: Tropical Depression Four

Jimbo

it is not a hurricane and unlikely to develop into one inasmuch as hitting land somewhere will prevent that from happening. at this point it makes no sense to pay much attention until next Tuesday or Wednesday because anything said on this prior to that is simply and purely speculation.

Florida
40. Re: Tropical Depression Four

The flight is not the issue. I live in South Florida and Cancun. I am scheduled to go to Cancun this Tuesday. Right now I am not concerned for myself, my family or my properties in either location and there is a chance some of my properties will be affected. I will check back on Wednesday. If this actually developed into a hurricane and was heading directly for Cancun personally I would get the heck out of Cancun. Same goes for South Florida. The worst part of a true hurricane is the aftermath or after storm, not before or during.

Flying does not concern me 1 bit as the flights go around or above the storms