We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Nova Scotia
reviews: 4
Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Well we are getting closer and the shopping list getting smaller :)

Just wondering if DH can wear dress shorts to supper or is it strictly long pants?

25 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

He can wear dress shorts at the outdoor restaurants. All others require long pants. Dress codes for each are listed here:

excellence-resorts.com/dining/restaurants-at…

Halifax, Nova Scotia
2. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Thanks Kelly. I did see that but often times it is not strongly enforced so good to

Know.

Boston...
3. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Yeah, we have seen them tell gentlemen to go back to their rooms and change when they showed up at the indoor restaurants so they do enforce it

Orlando, Florida
4. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Are nice dress jeans suitable for men?

Boston...
5. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Jeans are ok but in my opinion they would be too heavy. You may be way too hot in them

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
6. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

I would agree that denim is likely to be a bit hot to wear

I love getting dressed to go out in the evening as if your wife/girlfriend does why should the men not make an effort

You can get so many lightweight linen type trousers now in all sorts of nice colours. You can also get nice soft leather slip on shoes

I like the way the majority of people who go to EPM dress up

Halifax, Nova Scotia
7. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

Thanks guys for the feedback. Hubby has a furnace that seems to be set to "hot" all the time so he gets quite warm if the restaurants are not air conditioned. Light pants it is :)

Lansing, Michigan
reviews: 2
8. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

I agree jeans are too heavy and your DH he may also feel out of place in them as most men are wearing dress pants or khakis (sp). We also saw several men rejected at the door for violating the dress code. However, he can wear leather sandals which will make him feel a little more comfortable. I wore dress sandals almost every night for dinner and never had a problem.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
9. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

He would not wear jeans for sure! But sandals are a great help. It's like sleeping with your feet outside the blankets:)

Saint Louis...
reviews: 64
10. Re: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?

My buddy Matt and I wore nice shorts our last night when we dined @ Agave. It is kind of a 'courtyard ' setting, outdoors... great atmosphere. Although I didn't bring or wear any jeans, I did see others who did. In fact, if you look at the excellence website, it shows a picture of a guy at the Flavour Market in jeans, so it's OK... most guys were wearing nice pants / linen pants / resort wear stuff.

And like DJB said, he can wear sandals, but they have to be 'closed toed', no flip-flop types.

Edited: 9:14 am, February 22, 2013
Reply to: Can men wear dress shorts to supper?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted