We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RTT - One Level

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 20
RTT - One Level

Flip Flop, Travelin Man, Anyone?

In which buildings are the single level RTT rooms located? Any opinion on which is better? One level or two? 60 days and counting...Stayed in Building 9 last October and absolutely loved it , decided to book a RTT this time around and just curious how the rooms (single level vs. double) compare. Thanks!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 3
1. Re: RTT - One Level

Buildings 1, 5, 6 have "double" side terrace and "double" roof top terrace rooms on level 4. Building 2, 3, 4 have single side terrace rooms. 2 are on level 3 and 2 on level 4. These are all Non EC RTT rooms.

Chester, United...
reviews: 56
2. Re: RTT - One Level

Have you booked a EC or Non-EC room???

boston ma
reviews: 2
3. Re: RTT - One Level

Excellent info as usual from Mr. FrankIndiana. The only single level EC RTT is in 8b, room 8269. IMO, the upside to these are they are HUGE, and you have no stairs to deal with, just walk out on to your patio and enjoy. Downside is they are not very private, 8269 is overlooked by half of 7b.

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: RTT - One Level

No Excellence club this time.

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: RTT - One Level

No Excellence club this time.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: RTT - One Level

Frank,

Thanks for the information. I am confused as to single or double terrace? Also, would these said rooms have others looking down upon you?

7. Re: RTT - One Level

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:53 am, February 17, 2013
Edited: 9:53 am, February 17, 2013
Chester, United...
reviews: 56
8. Re: RTT - One Level

Hi again

Most of the RTT suites have a RTT acessible by a staircase from the suites. However, there are a number of Non-EC and one EC RTT where the terrace is on the same level as the suite itself and these terraces are normaly a lot larger than the ones where the RTT is on the roof

Also what some people get hung up on is the fact that some of the RTT's can be viewed from other buildings. For instance the majority of the RTT's in low rise #9a & #8a can be viewed from the neighbouring highrise buildings

As has been said there is only one EC RTT which was the terrace of the same level as the suite and it is overlooked by several other buildings

Most if not all the Non-EC RTT's with the taerrace on the same level as the suite itself can be viewed from above and/or from other buildings opposite

If you want more privacy and a nice location I would suggest #7b

I hope this helps

Fort Wayne, Indiana
9. Re: RTT - One Level

The standard single terrace I refer to has the same area as you room below/beside it. The doubles are roughly twice the size. Most of these terraces can be seen from buildings beside. None are 100% private IMO. Just some may be more than others.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
10. Re: RTT - One Level

Here are some photos I took which may help.

…photobucket.com/user/…