We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM Vegetarian

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saco, Maine
EPM Vegetarian

My husband and I are booked at EPM for a week in January (very excited!). I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian--do I need to notify the resort ahead of time or do they have plenty of veggie options standard?

New York
reviews: 19
1. Re: EPM Vegetarian

I found the servers very understanding. You can tell your concierge but I found if you just tell your server they will make suggestions that suit you or sometimes (for me) the chef came up with something special that fit my dietary needs.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
2. Re: EPM Vegetarian

They do have some vegetarian menus and I am sure if you e_mail them they will send you some copies

As has been said the are very good at taking care of people with dietary needs

You may want to find out what lacto-ovo vegetarian is in Spanish

Hilliard, Ohio
reviews: 2
3. Re: EPM Vegetarian

I'm also lacto-ovo, and it was totally easy at EPM. You don't need to tell them in advance. Many of the restaurants have options, and when they don't, they have a special vegetarian menu that's available (dinner only) at all the restaurants. Just ask for one when you walk in. They didn't have tofu, but the veg menu was pretty extensive. They also were willing to make non-vegetarian dishes in vegetarian versions for me (Spice made me vegetarian pad thai, for example). They often will bring out an off menu amuse bouche before a meal, so it's worth letting your server know you're vegetarian, and they can get one without meat for you. The only places without some sort of veggie option were Chez Isabelle, Barcelona, and, if I remember correctly, the Grill. But you can get the veggie menu there.

The only thing to watch for is that when they make food on the beach they don't use a separate grill for veggie burgers and meat ones. Oh, and the room service nachos can be ordered without meat.

4. Re: EPM Vegetarian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 16, 2013