We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

Which Playa Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 1
HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

How early were you able to check in? Also how late were you able to check out? I know EPM has the typical 3:00 check-in and 12:00 check out times,But I was hoping they are flexible on this. We have a really early arriving flight 9:00am and a late departing flight 9:00pm.

And do you know if you really get an advantage if you book an EC suite in this regard? This is one on the perks they advertise for booking an EC suite. However, of course they through in that it's based in availabilty.

Is there anywhere else to go if you don't have a room?

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
reviews: 33
1. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

I haven't been to EPM yet, going end of march, but, if they are at all like other high end Ai's I have been to, if your room is not ready, you will be told to enjoy yourself with the resort amenities and to come back to receprion at a specific time. They will secure your baggage, and off you go to the poll/beach, etc. remember to pack you swimsuits, etc in a carryon bag so you are good to go!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 65
2. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

We arrived before 10am and our room was ready at 3pm. We had planned for this and just locked and checked our bags and enjoyed the pool, had lunch and explored the resort. We did check back with the EC a few times but our room was not ready early. We had booked an RTT EC.

Not sure about late checkout.

Mesa, Arizona
reviews: 7
3. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

If rooms are ready (in most hotels), you can check in early. But likely you will be told your rooms are not ready . . . which is why you pack shorts/t-shirt/bathing suit, ST lotion in your carryon.

Departing: 9p flight means you have to be at airport at 6p. The very most a hotel will extend checkout is 1 hr or sometimes they will charge per hour (I've seen $10 or more per hour). But they usually have courtesy rooms where you can shower/change, but it means keeping your valuables with you all day.

As soon as you get to your hotel, ask about it.

Youngsville, NC
reviews: 15
4. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

Not sure if you are Excellence Club category, but it notes (if available) early check-in & late check-out - just something to inquire about... We haven't been yet, but scheduled for 11/09. Have fun!

Chicago, IL
5. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

Thanks everyone! I booked an EC junior suite, and have been debating if I want to switch to a non - EC RTT. They are both the same price. The main reason I booked the EC is because of the early check in late check out. But like you all said they can't guarantee anything. So which room type should I go with?

Non EC-RTT or EC Junior Suite?

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

When we arrived back in May of last year, it was 10:00am and we were able to check-in at the EC. However, our room wasn't ready yet so we changed and enjoyed a couple of drinks and lunch until it was ready a few hours later.

Before departure, we requested a courtesy room because our flight wasn't until 7:00pm. We checked out of our EC room, checked most of our bags at the front desk and enjoyed a few more hours at the pool. They gave us a one hour time slot in which we could shower and dress for our return home. If I remember correctly, it was a swim-out room in Building 7.

7. Re: HELP !! How early/late were you able to check in/out of EPM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 16, 2009