We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

Which Mai Khao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
reviews: 41
Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

Hi,

We (couple with a toddler) are interested in going to Anatara in early March.

I can only find reviews of the Anatara Villas in Mao Khao, not of the Vacation Club.

It was noted in the email (in fine print at the bottom) regarding our one bedroom villa that there may be some constrcution going on and the kids' club, main pool are not open because they are having a soft opening.

However, all the reviews on TA do not mention things like that, so I'm wondering if it's the same place... There is no talk of construction and someone even mentioned the kids' club. I have emailed them and I got this reply concerning the noise (which is what I am more worried about):

These works are shielded from the villas opening in Phase One, however there may be some noise from these construction works during the day. We are expecting the disturbance to our guests to be minimal . Any noisy work will be scheduled between 8:00 A.M to 17:00Hrs. however there will be no disruption in service or to your private villa.

I do understand that there is a presentation we have to attend, however we are not too bothered about that as in return we get a 3D2N free accommodation (my friend actually bought the timeshare plan thus we are offered this).

So are the Anantara Vacation Club villas the same as the Anantara Villas? And if so, is it very noisy?

Many thanks in advance.

Asia
11. Re: Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

The beach is less than 3 minutes by buggy. about a 5 - 7 (depending on your speed) minute walk. The beach is part of the APV, which is across the road from AVC. I think they mentioned that AVC will also have their own beach.

You can swim there, but I think that the (under)currents may be a little strong...

Singapore
reviews: 9
12. Re: Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

Hi Jade,

I'll be going to AVC for my vacation soon and am rather worried about the lack of positive reviews. Is the construction completed at the time of your stay? Also, for my package breakfast is apparently included, so just wondering if there were any dining facilities on-site. Last, how would you rate your experience at AVC. Thanks!

Asia
13. Re: Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

Hi Alvin,

I went this year and wrote about it here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1223683-i13301-k6…

Someone else also posted about it and I noticed that they didn't have the turn down service, etc.

The construction wasn't completed. We cannot remember if they mentioned that there would be dining -facilities. Perhaps you can ask them?

We had a free stay because our friends had bought their programme. We did extend one more night though ( and paid for that).

To be very honest, because my stay was "free", I thought it was good.

I was disappointed with the food, but we needed a break to relax so it was nice.

Hope this helps. And holler if you need more info. ;-)

Australia
reviews: 15
14. Re: Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

Yes it is very inconvenient and very far from every tourist destination and activities. 40 mins to night market which only happens on the weekend. 30 to 40 minutes from FantaSea show and well about and 20 minutes for. The airport, each trip will cost you 1400 baht to 1800 baht. Plus the hours in the car. i would strongly not recommend staying in this location unless you just want to swim in the pool. Even the beach is not save or clean for swimming. Very far for everything and you will be over charged for everything here,

Edited: 11:42 pm, August 22, 2013
15. Re: Anatara Vacation Club - is it the same as Anatara Villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 24, 2014