We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Playa de Muro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
milton keynes
Level Contributor
32 posts
51 reviews

Hi, we're visiting in april staying in a villa beside a river close to the beach, are mosquitoes going to more of a problem in this resort than any other?

Level Contributor
16,843 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: mosquitoes

Anywhere along Alcudia Bay is more likely than most places elsewhere in Majorca to be plagued with mosquitoes-at almost any time of year.That is because the nearby nature reserve Albufera is a swampy breeding ground.

However mosquitoes CAN be a problem anywhere in Majorca.I say CAN because you can never predict when they will be out and about except that after rain following a prolonged dry spell the conditions are right.

Take repellent with you.I use Jungle Formula and Autan.Generally considered that DEET-based repellents are very effective.

Usually when the subject of mosquitoes comes up on this forum somebody posts that they have been going to the island for 2 weeks every year for 25 years and have never seen one. Believe me they are there.

Level Contributor
876 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: mosquitoes

My first time back to Alcudia Aug 12 in a few years and the mosquito's were more predominant in Alcudia, got bit a good few times, I don't really have that problem elsewhere on the island.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: mosquitoes

Hi there we stayed at the lagotel end of july for two weeks and its beside a lake and we didnt get any till the last day when we ran out of aftersun and suncream with insect repellent. we also burnt coils on the balacony each night which i think helped along with using the suncream during the day and putting aftersun on before we went out each eveving and before we went to bed. Saying that we did see a few people who had been badly bitten. just go prepared with everything and you will be fine.

4. Re: mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Muro