We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

Which Playa de Muro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam schiphol
reviews: 1
Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

I am looking into our summer holiday this september with my wife, twins (2 almost 3 years old then) and baby (due february).

We want to go AI because of the 3 little ones running around and probably sleeping early every evening.

We have been to a couple of AI's in the caribean before (last one was iberostar paraiso maya (best one you can get into with kids) in mexico last year) which we absolutely loved. I am a little aprehensive because i've heard AI is different in europe but with the 3 small ones running and laying around we still think this is the best option this year.

Now we have great experiences with the iberostar chain so that's why i have them on the list, is the AI in europe of the same standard as the one we have been to in mexico?

The Viva blue looks amazing with great kids pools and playgrounds and they have superb roof top appartments with jacuzzi and from what i can find a a better AI program (last year was the first with a AI program? anyone been there lately?)

So i would like some advice on both of them, Iberostar is still because of past experiences on other parts of the world but the viva chain looks amazing on the pictures and reviews!

For us its almost same prices for the weeks we want to go for a family appartment iberostar or a roof top terrace appartment at the viva blue.

London, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

Hi, we have stayed at ib alcudia park and found it very good. It is very family orientated and the food is varied and a pretty good AI standard. The beach is lovely with shallow clear water and clean soft sand. Ice cream and soft drinks are self service which works well, also wine and beer in the restaurant. Entertainment is above average with in house and professional artists, the stage looks over the large beach bar terrace and beach, a lovely setting to end the day.

A few things you may want to consider, gettiing your sun beds in the morning will mean getting up before breakfast to secure your beds in a prime position by the pool, space around the pool is limited and feels busy. No waiter service at beach bar although we found this a positive as the que was never too bad even at peak times after dinner.

Rooms and bathrooms are dated but kept spotless, more 3* than 4*.

The area of playa de muro is fairly unspectacular but ok for a stroll for a change of scenery, alcudia is a mile up the road with budget type restaurants and bars, lots of things geared towards family's, the port is further up with some nicer restaurants, we visited once during out stay but never felt the need to return.

If I'm honest I think the standard will be a notch down from the ib in the Caribbean, you may want to look at ib albufera park down the road at the quiet end of playa de muro, it may be more what your looking for, a little more expensive though.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Amsterdam schiphol
reviews: 1
2. Re: Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

Thank you for the expansive feedback!

Still wondering about both hotel chains. My wife is due in 5 weeks for our #3 so still plenty of time to check all options and beginning of september is end of high season so no real hurry!

Thanks again for your answers!

Timbuktu, Mali
3. Re: Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

Consider Condesa de la bahia . On border of Puerto Alcudia and Playa de Muro . With lovely beach just steps away , you could be in the Caribbean .

I've been AI on the Rivierra Maya and was not that impressed .

mallorca
reviews: 18
4. Re: Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

I have stayed at all three of these hotels and the viva blue wins it is far superier they have lovely pools and a vast choice of food for all inclusive.

5. Re: Iberostar Alcudia park or Viva blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 19, 2014