We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap car rental

Which Phuket Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Cheap car rental

HI there,

does anyone know of a cheap car rental place in Phuket? I'm going in July and staying in Karon, what's the normal daily rate?

Thanks

Laura

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 259
1. Re: Cheap car rental

Hi,

Check http://braun-rentacar.com/ - They have vehicels from 750 baht per day (including insurance) and will deliver to your hotel.

Be advised that many rental companies have vehicles under 1000 baht that are old and underpowered (and check the insurance cover carefully).

Regards Jeff

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 17
2. Re: Cheap car rental

I have used Pure Car Rent

http://www.purecarrent.com/

Hell, Norway
reviews: 2
3. Re: Cheap car rental

Cheap is not usually reliable, and as noted above you need a car with reasonable power to deal with Phukets hills and twisty roads. You need an international drivers permit and you should pay for 1st class insurance.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 37
4. Re: Cheap car rental

hey! car rental is very expensive in Phuket, and forget about public transportation (taxi tuktuk = criminal mafia, they charge 1O USD for a 2 min ride), prices are exorbitant.

renting a car in the hotel, is definitely more expensive, however you have to NEGOTIATE !!!!!

be ready and expect to be charged on average 1500 to 1900 THB, for the Honda,(bell boys commission!! included)

you should be able to get a decent Honda city/jazz @ 1000 THB a day (that's almost 35 USD, very expensive even with western standards), so start practicing you NEGOTIATION skills from now : )

enjoy phuket,

Staffordshire...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Cheap car rental

Andaman Car Rent http://www.andamancarrent.com/

I've used them twice and found them to be good vehicles, friendly people, and reasonable prices. In other words: I recommend them!

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Cheap car rental

Hi Revolver, like to check with you, when renting from Andaman Car Rent, you provide them with a copy of both your passport and driving license right?

Staffordshire...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Cheap car rental

Think they took our passport numbers off us but I can't recall them checking our licences or actually taking a copy of anything.

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Cheap car rental

oh alright, thanks man.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 18
9. Re: Cheap car rental

we used anderman at xmas, they didn't want a copy of our passport or even check it. Good cars, no problems

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 69
10. Re: Cheap car rental

Right I'm probably going to use Andaman or Aiport Car Rentals. Kinda keen on the Suzuki Caribian but was wondering if its too underpowered and if I should stick with a Jazz?

Also I don't see anything mentioned about scratches and dents .... is that covered by their "full insurance" too?