We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
reviews: 14
Centara Karon Resort rooms??

stopping at the Centara karon resort in July. We are a family of 5, with me and my wife and 3 children. Were stopping In a deluxe room at the lagoon. Has anyone stopped in one of these rooms with a similar size family? am I right in thinking all these rooms are ground floor level, do they have good access to pool? any info on this room or hotel will be well appreciated.

thanks

14 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

We arrive in May with my family of 5. Apparently the Deluxe lagoon rooms are ground floor and the Delux family studio lagoon rooms are on the 2nd, 3rd floors.

A friend has stayed in this resort a few times and advised, however she was in the terraced section but said when she returns with husband they definitely want a lagoon room as there was more atmosphere.

All the best.

Huddersfield...
2. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Thanks for info Rae6mon, could you let me know more about rooms after your visit? Not sure to upgrade or not. Hope you have a great time!!!

All the best

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

No probs. If u were thinking of upgrading to tropicale section, this is well away from lagoon pool/kids area but still has it's own pool and you do get club access.

My friend I mentioned stayed in Tropicale Aug 2013 not terrace suite, but did say that they spent everday over in the lagoon area because in their opinion was more fun. They don't have children but are big kids and enjoyed the noise and atmosphere of lagoon area as duing low season the resort can feel empty especially in the zone they stayed in. She also said if you are interested in baht bonanza it is good value so long as you use all the credit as no refunds are given on any remaining balance. They deposit 10,000 baht and resort credits 15,000 baht, deposit aud $350 and receive $525. Not all restaurants in the resort accept baht bonanza but you can use it for snacks, drinks, swim up bar, spa and a couple of restaurants. Also the cocktails all taste the same so she thinks they only know 1 or 2 cocktail recipes. You can eat cheaper outside of the resort but compared to Australia the resort is still cheap.

Not sure if you are aware but the resort does require a pre authorisation on your credit card of 5,000 baht on arrival. If you don't have a credit card then you have to pay a cash bond which is double.

I had initially booked famlly deluxe studio on upper floors but as of yesterday changed to 2 x Deluxe lagoon rooms interconnecting as 12&9 yr old sons do not want to share our room. Booked through travelonline.com.au as they offered the best rate and have free bonuses.

Huddersfield...
4. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Thank you, you have been most helpful. Once again hope you have a great time and look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 80
5. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Staying at the Centara Karon Resort in July for 14 nights with my hubby and 5 boys. We have booked for ground floor lagoon, connecting rooms. We got a great deal through flight centre - stay 14 pay for 7, cannot wait!

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Hi there we arrived back last week and were were in a Lagoon Deluxe Studio which was on the third floor. This was tiresome but fine as we have an 18mth old.

You can email the resort direct and request a ground floor room, they are only too happy to help.

The Lagoon deluxe rooms are big but the deluxe studio suites are huge!!! Our 2 older boys aged 9 & 12 shared a bed and we also had a cot but there is also a day bed in the studio suites.

Initially I wanted to upgrade to Tropicale and pay the club benefit supplement however, the family was happy with Lagoon suites so instead we did the baht bonanza. It worked out well as the older kids were able to order drinks, ice cream and snacks at the pool etc and we could do room service if we didn't feel like going out.

We love this resort so much that I am already planning to go back next year.

Have fun!

Sydney, Australia
7. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Hi there we arrived back last week and were were in a Lagoon Deluxe Studio which was on the third floor. This was tiresome but fine as we have an 18mth old.

You can email the resort direct and request a ground floor room, they are only too happy to help.

The Lagoon deluxe rooms are big but the deluxe studio suites are huge!!! Our 2 older boys aged 9 & 12 shared a bed and we also had a cot but there is also a day bed in the studio suites.

Initially I wanted to upgrade to Tropicale and pay the club benefit supplement however, the family was happy with Lagoon suites so instead we did the baht bonanza. It worked out well as the older kids were able to order drinks, ice cream and snacks at the pool etc and we could do room service if we didn't feel like going out.

We love this resort so much that I am already planning to go back next year.

Have fun!

Huddersfield...
8. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

Thank you Rae6mon, great to hear you enjoyed your holiday and Centara resort, how did the baht bonanza work? We arrive late July for our first time in Thailand and are really looking forward.

Thanks again

Sydney, Australia
9. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

For baht bonanza you pay 10,000 baht and they will give you 5000 baht extra.

You can only use it for spa treatments and food and drinks. Spa products, kids club activities and baby sitting etc are not included in the promotion, kids club entry is free but some of the cooking and craft activities you have to pay for. The resort has theme nights and discounted food and drink promotions and you can use your baht bonanza towards this. You do have to pay 10% VAT & 7% service charge on every purchase except for BBQ night in the beer garden.

The resort is reasonably priced even with the added surcharge. They will have the details of baht bonanza in your welcome letter, it may not be mentioned to your upon arrival but check your paperwork as you can only take up the offer in the first 24 hours.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
10. Re: Centara Karon Resort rooms??

One more thing,

Saw your other post on where to eat try "Yings". If you walk towards Karon temple it's 20 metres before temple entrance. We found this place after 5 days and ate there pretty much everday for either lunch or dinner.

We were so disappointed with the food in Phuket and thought the Thai food in Sydney was better, but our faith was restored after eating here.

Order what the Thais do best which is Thai food, they tend to think that foreigners like very mild food.

The Phuket Town night markets on the weekend also have amazing street food and interesting treats. The smells can be a little overwhelming but you can't get more authentic than this as it is packed with locals eating here.

Reply to: Centara Karon Resort rooms??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted