We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

centara karon resort

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 7
centara karon resort

Hi we are staying at the above hotel in August, I have asked about the rooms previously and am wondering if there is anyone who has stayed recently here in the terraces. It seems all the reviews are about the other rooms and I am a bit concerned. I e-mailed hays and jervis who we booked with and asked for details about upgrading but they told me there was no availability for this at that time so we are stuck now with the room. Also is the a minimum you can purchase for the bart bonanza, we are interested in doing it but only want to purchase a low amount??

Thanks

Mansfield, United...
1. Re: centara karon resort

We are here in August too. We have stayed in the terraces rooms, they are fine as we didn't spend much time in our room. However, this year we are returning and decided to upgrade to one of the cabanas as you get your own plunge pool and there wasn't too much difference in the price. I am sure if you email the hotel directly they can quote you how much an upgrade to one of the other rooms would be if Hayes and Javis can't offer an upgrade. Last year we took advantage of the baht bonanza - I can't remember what the minimum spend was £150? i must admit we ate out most evenings and didn't really eat much in the day, so not sure if I would use this again as towards the end of our stay we were ordering food and drink for the sake of it. Hope this helps

Phuket
2. Re: centara karon resort

Dear poppopWales,

re Upgrade, when you arrive at the hotel, subject to availability, you are welcome to upgrade your room if a another type suits you better.

The minimum purchase for baht Bonanza is 10,000 thb and you get another, 5000 thb free.

Safe Travels

Darren

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 40
3. Re: centara karon resort

The Terrace rooms are quite nice inside and some even come with interesting views over rooftops to the ocean. Their drawback is that they are in a concrete tower, and being on a tropical isle, the thought of being surrounded by concrete instead of trees is unappealing to some. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying in the Terraces. It truly does not take long to get over the concrete-y feeling. If I hadn't mentioned it, maybe you would not have even noticed.

It's not all bad. Like i said, the interior of the rooms is nice and modern, and (I'm presuming you have no kids) the pool setup on your doorstep is a more adult pool (complete with pool bar), and there's not usually kids there. You can always walk to the other pools, though the main "adult" pool, the Tropicale pool, is furthest.

I concur with the other poster; go cabana if you can. Especially if you like your own little area to lounge around in.

wales
4. Re: centara karon resort

Yes it does thanks, I don't think we will bother with the bart as we will be eating out every evening cos as you say we may have money left and spend for the sake of it. See you in August.

Thanks Jacky

wales
5. Re: centara karon resort

thanks for your replies they have been helpful

Jacky

Newcastle
reviews: 39
6. Re: centara karon resort

I amhere now ..seaview room is nice but bloody noisy at night due to Irish bar music blasting till late hours, thus i would not recommend this room type for families.

I am suprised they not calling Karon, little Russia, yet!

7. Re: centara karon resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 02, 2014