We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 2
Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Evening!!!

So an interesting day, perhaps not done as much as normal, but let me tell you about it anyhow.

We start with the normal routine, laundry into dry cleaning (remember 2 pieces are free :) ). Breakfast, the today we head to the pool. We have had the foresight, to leave our towels and hats on some nice pool chairs, prior to taking breakfast. This helps, but to be honest, there are plenty of decent seats around the various pools around the complex.

We chill for a few hours, swimming in the main pool, reading, taking mini Doobs to the cliff jump and all of us lazing along on the lazy river. The inflatable rings are great, you grab one, sit in it and lazily go around the outer ring of the pool. It's so peaceful... Ahhhh...

I decide it's time to try one of the Thai ladies at the beach for a massage, and I say this to Mrs D. "no special endings", she says. I laugh at her and wander over to find out the price. 300bhat for a full massage, including focusing on the tendons on my right arms, which I am receiving Physio for back at home. Good deal, so I go fetch my towel and come back to see "Dao".

I can instantly tell that she has been doing this for a long time, she has strong hands for someone of such a small frame. She uses some menthal type of smelly and oil, and I am whisked away snoozing whilst she massages my shoulders, back and legs. All good, with the sound of the sea, drifting into my ears. Ahhh, this is the life.

We move onto my feet and then some of Dao's feet start getting used on my legs and back. It's sore, but good, if you know what I mean. The massage continues as I turn over, then we move onto the stretches. Now I thought I was fairly flexible, being a blackbelt in martial arts, but hallelujah that's a tight muscle...!! We finish up and I pay the lovely lady, and say that my wife will be coming down.

I wander back to the beds, when Mrs D informs me that Mni D has not had a well tummy. Oh dear, we think.....(it's not what you think). Mrs D heads over and receives her massage, whilst I am sitting on the sunloungers, still covered in oil....hmmm...can you see where this is going???

She returns about 45mins later, having thoroughly enjoyed the massage, and we decide as mini Doobs isn't so well ( or so we think ) we head back to the room to take on some food and water and to chill in the cool air conditioning.

Sorry for the graphic nature, but Mini Doobs has a poo and calls me to look at it....the things fathers have to do!!! Ok, its green. That's not good. Mrs Doobs then remembers that last night at Dares (aka Talays) mini Doobs was drinking a blue non-alcoholic cocktail!!! Ah ha..l no other symptoms with mini Doobs, just the colour....we think he is ok.... Yay!!!

So we chill out in the room for an hour or so, then head down to the restaurant for some hot food. Phad Thai is the order of the day, with mini Doobs wanting something simple, so rice and sausages and eggs..?!?! We eat and feel a lot better.

We then head back to the room to get changed, ready to go to the night market.

Panya promptly turns up at 4:55 after jus finishing dropping off another trip earlier. Man, Panya does work so hard.

He greets us like old friends, we hop into his sexy wheels and off we go, to Phuket Night Market.

Ok, so how can I describe this. Firstly, there are hundreds and hundreds of stalls, under tarp, selling loads of different products. However after sometime you realise that it's the same 50 or so products time and time again. Fom faux sunglasses, handbags, watches, trainers, socks, etc.... On and on they stalls go. I think I must be tall, which I am not, as I must have banged my head 5 or 10 times whilst in the thick of it. If you are all, then you will be ducking....a lot.

The heat in there is very close, and what with the thousands of people, sometimes it can get a bit close. You have to barter and have fun, and we bought some gifts for friends and family, Mini Doobs wanted a pair of sunglasses and we hunted for him for some sandals. When Panya dropped us off, we agreed to meet him after 2 hours. Personally I think for us, it was about the right time, as we have been around Patong and the bazaar at Karon. It is mostly the same stuff. Just a bit cheaper.

At the other end of the market are loads of food stalls, but to be hones, we were so full from lunch and I was not feeling 100% myself, we will try the market at Karon in Tuesday night. We have got to try the crickets on sticks before we leave! And apparently the bananas waffle things.

We head back, happy with our bargains and meet Panya exactly at our agreed location. We hop in and are greatful of the air conditioning.

We arrive back at our hotel, about 35 minutes later and feel sad as for this trip, it will be the last time we see Panya. We pa him and give home some sweets for himself and his family to enjoy. Feeling very unhappy, but we agree to keep in contact and will certainly do that.

We get back in our room and mini Doobs has another...er..movement...back to normal. Yay, it was the blue drink!

Mrs D notices that I may have had a little bit too much sun. The oil from the massage has taken affect, and to be honest I am right red!! She keeps calling me a lobster, and doing lobster hands :(

Right, i am off to bed soon. We have an early start for cookery school! I will update you tomorrow.

Doobs.

X

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
11. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Great fun, keep it coming!!

So, isn't green pooh normal then?

Hope you enjoy the cookery school!!

@Rugbydude, have a fabulous time!

australia
reviews: 37
12. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Have I missed day 8..been looking for it, or am I ahead of myself?

Bellarine Peninsula
reviews: 74
13. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Hey Evomal, I dont think it is here yet - I have been checking since I logged on at 7 this morning, waiting patiently, the reviews are usually here by now. Maybe another internet down day? Hope not, the withdrawals are starting to gnaw at me.....

australia
14. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

Thanks monkelpunkel. Doobs must be having writers block... Does he think he's on holidays or something... Lol we need our fix doobs.

Norwich, United...
reviews: 2
15. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

You guys are so behind,,,, it's been there a few hours already :)

X

australia
16. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

On my way to read :)

17. Re: Day 7 : Hot, Oily and getting Sweaty!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 03, 2013