We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport and shoping

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 4
transport and shoping

hi fellow trip advisors, i will be visiting indigo pearl early sept and can anyone give me any hints or tips re shopping for clothes ect are ther markets near by or do i head for patong or phuket town ? also wish to go to both these places as well should i go by taxi or hire a driver ? how much should i pay , sorry about the dumb questions first time to phuket so any advice is appreciated cheers mark

7 replies to this topic
Geelong, Australia
reviews: 55
1. Re: transport and shoping

IP do a minibus service to Central Festival (big mall) and Patong, which is fairly reasonable. Certainly you will find everything you want in Patong. There is a night market near Phuket town which has very good prices I believe. Going by taxi and hiring a driver is pretty much the same thing! There is a taxi stand right outside the entrance to IP but the their prices are pretty outrageous. We paid 700 baht to Central Festival in June which was way too much. A couple of years back we hired a great driver from the little shop sells tours (first shop on the right as you exit IP going toward the beach). There are plenty of drivers down along the beach so you can shop around for the best price. There isn't really much at Nai Yang for clothes shopping, just a handful of shops really so if you want plenty of variety you will need to travel. There is a market near Nai Yang but it is mostly food and a place where locals shop. Nai Yang is lovely though and IP is amazing. Have been 4 times so happy to help out with any questions!

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: transport and shoping

thanks for the reply , how far is central festival from ip ?

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 55
3. Re: transport and shoping

It's around 20 mins by car. There are cinemas, lots of food choices if you need a change from Thai food, a good supermarket and plenty of shoes, clothes and jewellery shops with prices about same as Australia but there are some bargains and it is a pleasant place to get out of the heat. If you want to go into Patong (45-60 mins) then there is a big mall, Jungceylon and market stalls everywhere. IMO I don't think it worthwhile going to Phuket Town for clothes shopping.

Caloundra, Australia
reviews: 3
4. Re: transport and shoping

We have just come back from staying at the IP for 7 nights. Great hotel and Nai Yang beach is so nice you will love it.

We hired a driver to take us to Patong for a day to do shopping and it cost us 1500baht and took approx. 1 hour each way. Left at 10am and returned at around 5pm (could have stayed longer for the price but we were over Patong!) In the Indigo Pearl there is an exit to go to their beach club and just to the left of this there is a little hut offering taxis and this is where we found our driver who was great with a nice new car.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Nai Yang..its a great relaxing part of Phuket! Wish I was still there :)

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng
reviews: 152
5. Re: transport and shoping

HI

Central Festival is about 20-30min drive, the big Tesco about 25mins, Phuket Town about 30mins and Patong about 30mins. It does depend on the route and the amount of traffic.

There a few shops and many restuarants on the beach side of the hotel!

Great place.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: transport and shoping

thanks all for your input

7. Re: transport and shoping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:57 pm, August 30, 2013

Reply to: transport and shoping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang