We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in September

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 55
Travelling in September

I was hoping I could get some advice regarding our upcoming trip in September! We are fling into phuket and booked the Dewa Phuket for night and then we are off to Chiang Mai and again returning after a week to phuket. I'm having a hard time trying to decide on where to stay our final week! I was thinking maybe 3-4 nights in Patong followed by 3-4 nights back at the Dewa OR 5 nights Krabi 2 nights at the Dewa? We were hoping to stay on Railay Beach but weren't sure if the weather kicks up if it would be too risky as we don't want to miss our flight home from phuket.

We were really hoping for a nice beach vacation where we will have some time to unwind after our jam packed week in Chiang Mai. We would also like to be within walking distance to bars and restaurants. We aren't the party type but we do like to have a good time.

Any suggestions?

What is Nai Yang like in the low season, will there be bars and restaurants open near the resort? Can we swim in the ocean here (I know generally you can't during this season).

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 157
1. Re: Travelling in September

If you aren't the party type, then what about Kata instead of Patong (which is pretty busy and partying)

Getting to / from Krabi will eat into your time.

What about Kata for 4 nights and then Nai Yang for 4 nights.

What is Nai Yang like in the low season, will there be bars and restaurants open near the resort?

A] yes, but there are not a huge number

Can we swim in the ocean here

A] only if it is safe to do so

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Travelling in September

We have just got back from staying at Dewa Beach Resort for 8 nights and had a wonderful time and the staff were so helpful. Thankyou to Lillian and all her staff who made sure that we had everything we needed and were always happy to help with any queries. Upon arrival we were welcomed with not only a refreshing drink but were upgraded to a private pool villa. Previous to our trip we had read many positive reviews and they all lived up to expectations. The taxi drivers linked to the resort were excellent and we found them to be fairly well priced. The restaurants on the beach had wonderfully cheap meals especially enjoyed Baan Tree Restaurant. We would highly recommend this resort if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle but still have the local village and restaurants at your door step.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 55
3. Re: Travelling in September

Thank you! Does the resort provide a shuttle into phuket? Are there any boat tours that are easily accessible from the resort?

4. Re: Travelling in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:45 am, July 25, 2014