We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
At Home in the UK
reviews: 2
Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi All,

Looking to perhaps spend a week at either the Dewa or Nai Yang Beach in February.

Looked at reviews here on TA and previous forum threads but just wondering if anybody with recent experience of either (appreciate there is a recent 'ish Dewa thread) could perhaps give additional opinions and thoughts please as to current state of play ?

On balance I think the Dewa looks the “better” choice but rooms at Nai Yang BR come in a little less expensive so just wondering how say the Junior Suite at Dewa might compare to a Thai Deluxe at NYBR. The individual villas at Dewa look nice but in February they are just a little pricey for our budget.

Looking at Google Streetview the NYBR seems just a little nearer the eating places on the beach road – it doesn't look too much of a hassle to walk down from Dewa though (or would it) ?

Also just wondering how much a car rental might be locally for just a day or two at most (I'm not a moped/motorcycle person) – if anybody could perhaps give some idea it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

26 replies to this topic
At Home in the UK
1. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Additional after thought [Doh !] .....

...also just been looking at the L'esprit. These look quite nice and prices seem quite good.

As above any thoughts/help/etc that might help a confused mind much appreciated !

Thanks

australia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

I will try and help with your decision. We have just returned and stayed at lesprit de naiyang. We had originally booked at dewa but I baulked at the price and booked lesprit as it was 1/3 of the price!

Naiyang is small, so all resorts are convenient to the local eateries and are easily in walking distance. Our resort was over a creek, but we had no problems getting back any night.

I am not sure if nai yang beach resort has a pool . In low season we really enjoyed the pool.

On the beach front there are many travel agents where you can arrange a taxi, or you could probably arrange through your resort.

We enjoyed our stay at lesprit, but you would probably not be disappointed by any of them.

At Home in the UK
3. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi Midmisty

Thanks for the input - appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking what accommodation did you have at L'esprit ?

Have read some comments about a "lack of privacy" in some cases - any suggestions as to what would be best at L'esprit ?

I assume there is still no (foot)bridge over the creek so you are dependent on somebody being available to take you across ?

I'd be taking a walk up the beach for some aircraft photos at the airport so the Dewa being nearest was one plus point but I guess it isn't really going to be an issue where we might end up as it won't be too much further to walk.

Thanks again for the comments

Port Stephens...
reviews: 81
4. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi JC we have just returned from staying at Nai Yang Beach Resort & it was wonderful. Check out my review just up in the last couple of days. We had a Thai Deluxe room.

It is right across the road from the beach, cafes, bars & restaurants a great location. It also has 3 pools so plenty of room.

Edited: 7:50 am, July 17, 2012
At Home in the UK
5. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi Bintang,

Thanks for the input - could I ask where on the NYBR resort the Thai Deluxe rooms were/are please ?

I've just had a e-mail back from NYBR which says the Thai Deluxe rooms are on both Ground and 2nd floor level - any look better thank others perhaps ?

Again, many thanks for your time, appreciated.

australia
reviews: 12
6. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

We were in a pool access villa, but the resort was empty. There may be an issue with privacy but you can shut curtains if needed. We had actually reserved a garden villa and these were definitely more private. We walked several mornings along the beach to the airport. We actually enjoyed the river crossing. There are good photos in the reviews.

At Home in the UK
7. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Thanks all - will go an (re)digest the reviews and comments on NYBR and L'esprit.

Safe travels,

Port Stephens...
reviews: 81
8. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

The Thai Deluxe block was off to the right from reception around a lovely winding garden path. The rooms are private in that they cannot be seen from reception or any other rooms they are at the side of the property.

Yes they are ground floor & 2nd floor with the same internal fit out & space. All of the rooms have a patio out the front facing the path but they do have good screening with plants. You access the rooms from the back of the block so no entry through the ground floor patio. We like to be one floor up as I find the early morning gardeners can sometimes disturb you with their sweeping & raking of the grounds. Having a very smooth, quite lift made this so easy not having to climb stairs.If you get a room near to the lift there is a pathway straight across to the pools.

We were there in low season so it was quite & you could have a pool to yourself. We will definitely stay at NYBR & Nai Yang again. Hope this helps with your decision & have a great holiday.

australia
reviews: 17
9. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi Guys

I have stayed at dewa and NYBR and they are both good

Dewa is much more up market and if you want to take photo's of the planes this is the closest, you can use the complimentry pedal bikes also to get there along a track in the national park

NYBR is closer to the bars and restaurants and everything is at your doorstep, it's also much cheaper than the Dewa

Depends on what you want to pay, either way it's a great beach

regards

Wallaby

At Home in the UK
10. Re: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)

Hi Wallaby,

Thanks for the feedback - appreciated.

I think, although a little more expensive we were/are leaning towards the Dewa - perhaps the complimentary bikes may just win it :-)

It can only be a few mins walk from the Dewa though down to bars and restaurants ?

Cheers

JC

Reply to: Dewa Phuket or Nai Yang Beach Resort (plus Car rental !)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted