We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machine Nai Yang

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reigate, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Cash machine Nai Yang

Is the ATM in the village on nai yang beach? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
1. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

I think there is one outside my hotel (indigo pearl) beach entrance.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

I'm sure I saw one on the opposite side of the road to the beach. Thought it was outside the entrance to Nai Yang Beach resort but maybe that was the entrance to Indigo Pearl?? Am I blind? I wanted to check out Indigo Pearl but never once saw a sign for it??????

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

No your not blind veejay, lol. You are correct there is a ATM at the entrance to the Nai Yang Resort car park area. There could be others but i only noticed this one as well. CJ

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

There are at least 3 ATM's on the beach road in Nai Yang, two directly outside the Minimart that's between the beach exits of the Indigo Pearl and the Nai Yang beach resort and one further up the road towards Dewa located outside the small Minimart next to the Dive Shop. However, we noticed that the rate you receive is definitely lower than the ATM's on the main road outside the 7/11 and Tesco Lotus. The cash exchange stalls outside the two big hotels fluctuate on their exchange rates, its worth doing some research before parting with your hard earned dollars, pounds or peanuts.

If you take a trip into Phuket town the rates there are better and you have the advantage of being able to use the established Thai banks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

in addition to the options of what "IceTcrew" pointed out very nicely, the Phuket airport (HKT) kiosks have the best or the most competitive exchange rates available in Phuket. (I understand that this is controlled by government regulations) You may want to research the topic/issue though other searches.

I would suggest that when you do pull money out that you do so in larger amounts rather than the 50 EUROS, or 50 USD or other similar withdraws. These smaller amounts of withdraws cost you the same fees that a 300 EURO or 300 USD withdraw would cost.

For example: I want to $50 USD. The transaction cost/fee is $5 USD for me to get $50USD or approx.1500 baht. The additional cost to me is approx. 150baht

If I decide to pull out $300 USD. The transaction cost/fee remains at $5 USD for me to get $300USD or approx. 9000 baht. The additional cost to me is still approx. 150baht.

Doing the math; I can do 6 transactions of $50 USD for obtaining $300 USD. This will cost me (6x$5=$30)

or I can perform 1 transaction for $300 USD that will cost me (1x$5=$5) In this example, I could have saved or retained $25 USD or 750 baht for my accounts if I just did one transaction.

Hope this helps!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
4,798 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

"the Phuket airport (HKT) kiosks have the best or the most competitive exchange rates available in Phuket. (I understand that this is controlled by government regulations)"

This is not correct.

7. Re: Cash machine Nai Yang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nai Yang