We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nai yang to phuket

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Nai yang to phuket

Hi,

I am staying in indigo pearl in 2 weeks, for 8 days, and I have realized that it's quite a distance from central Phuket,

I just want to know:

How long drive to phuket, patong, kata, etc

Cost of drive to those areas, in Thai baht.

Best means of transport? Eg taxi or tuk tuk...

Best resturants

Money exchange.

Ways to book activities.

And any other important info, thanks! :)

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Nai yang to phuket

It's a 40 drive from the airport to Patong,i timed it,so a bit less from Naiyang.

Taxi would be best,about 500-600B

Depends what food you like-Patong Seafood,Cairo,No. 6,Banana Leaf,i eat from the food carts most days,the Pork Soup,MMMMM!

Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Money and tour booths every 20 metres.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
3. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Hi

Nai Yang is on Phuket, so you can't drive there as you are there already!

It will take around 40minutes to get to Patong, 50mins to Kata. As Nai Yang is just south of Phuket airport, so expect to pay the sort of fees you will pay from the airport for a taxi - 500-700thb. It would be a long journey in a tuk tuk.

Best resturants in Nai Yang or Phuket? There are not that many Nai Yang. There are so many restaurants in Phuke, and depends on what you consider 'best' . . . . best thai, best western, cheapest, most authentic . . .?

Money exchange can be done at money changers, banks or at your hotel. Hotel rates are very poor. There are money changers in Nai Yang but more choice elsewhere.

Ways to book activities? Well it depnds on what you want to do. Some have to be booked up before you travel, whilst others can be booked on arrival. Hotels offer activies, and there is always someone outside the hotels offering something. Again, there are tours offered from Nai Yang but more choice elsewhere.

And any other important info? Read up (just back or JB reports, things to do, FAQs etc etc] as much as you can so that nothing is a real shock!

Edited: 2:13 am, September 12, 2011
4. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Thanks very much for that!

When u stated phuket I was meaning the central of Phuket.. Hehe..

Well I want to book the 4 in 1 safari tour but I'm not sure how to go about it, as Asia web direct, you have to pay via MasterCard in THB but Im

From Australia and my MasterCard has AUD..

So quite confused.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 214
5. Re: Nai yang to phuket

The centre of Phuket is not Patong or Kata, being an island central is not normally a term you would apply.

Confused, Really? Have you travelled much?

Well they will charge your Mastercard in THB, and then your card will change it to AUD and it will appear on your bill as (an example) 1000 THB at 0.031 = 31AUD . . . . unless your mastercard is different from the other millions around the world?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ko Phi Phi Don
reviews: 75
6. Re: Nai yang to phuket

You are staying in a beautiful place, you won't be disapointed.

Email Miss We in the post I gave you earlier, she will be able to arrange everything for you - including drivers.

Have a great trip.

7. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Thanks for that everyone! :)

melbourne
reviews: 22
8. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Hi, I stayed at indigo pearl last year and loved it!! The local restaurants on the beach are great and there are plenty of places to exchange money..along with a small seven eleven style mart, numerous massage places and bars. You can even dine on the beach in the evenings, just watch out for the crabs on the sand!!

I organized a driver through the resort and he took me into jungceylon (shopping centre) and gave me his mobile number to call when I wanted to be picked up and taken back.. It cost me 900baht in total..enjoy!!!

9. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Wow 900 baht that seems pretty good there and back.. One question, how do you get a hold of a mobile phone? Are u able to purchase an iPhone 4 sim card to be used in Thailand? I'f so?", where from?

Thanks!!

AUSTRALIA
reviews: 46
10. Re: Nai yang to phuket

Ibbyhusseini when you get out of theplane, you will findpeople handing out sim cards for Thailand, you just take it to a 7/11 store and charge it up, Just take an unlocked mobile phone with you.