We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools at Indigo Pearl

Which Nai Yang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 23
Pools at Indigo Pearl

Hi again! I am a bit worried about the pool situation at Indigo Pearl. As I am travelling with kids aged 7&9, the pools are very important. I understand that two of the three pools are adults only. So, question about the family pool. What size is it? Will it do for two kids that are very talented swimmers? Of course, we´ll be spending time at the beach also. Thanks again! Counting my days to Nai Yang...

Perth, Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Pools at Indigo Pearl

I only walked through IP about 3 years ago, to my best recollection the main pool is large and stunning, it will allow you to lay back and relax while keeping an eye on your children as they explore this wonderful pool, I think I also saw some pool toys out for kids to use. I don't think you need to worry.

UK
reviews: 33
2. Re: Pools at Indigo Pearl

I was there on my own last year and will be returning this April with my wife and 2 kids. The pools are fantastic, all of them. I didn't use the family pool but my room overlooked it: it is large with lots of things for the kids to do.

The other 2 adult only pools, for your interest, are wonderful, especially the long lap pool, the one nearer the beach end of the hotel complex. I had a great stay at IP and that is why I am returning en familie. One of the best hotels I have ever seen.

The only small negative from a family point of view is the sea: I don't know if there is a season for them but when I was there in July, the were some isolated incidents of jelly fish there. One girl was stung swimming in the shallows there and was treated with vinegar there and then by the very attendant attendants.

Does anyone know if jelly fish are more prevalent on this side of the island during certain months?

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 157
3. Re: Pools at Indigo Pearl

Hi

am at the IP as I write this.

The 'family pool' is large enough, and I know that my nephews and step kids would have enjoyed 'playing' in it. All 'tallented swimmers'.

The pool is about 25m long oval. Not sure on the depth or diving. Again, our room overlooks it, and its not that noisey either.

The adult pools are infinity pools and are magical.

Jelly fish come and go at all times of the year, and no one can predict when. Make the most of it when they are not there, and avoid it when they are not. We have not seen any so far. But have heard of swarms at any month - tides and moon phases are key - bit like us ladies! No one side of the island (and Phuket is a pretty big island) is more prone to jellies than the other side. The east side is more protected.

Have fun!

tasmania
reviews: 78
4. Re: Pools at Indigo Pearl

last june/july we were there and at Khao Lak, jelly fish at both area's, same time the year before that and none, Surin beach last year there was none. Different areas of Phuket the two years prior and none either. As you say luck of the drawer, but we did miss swimming in the sea.

5. Re: Pools at Indigo Pearl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 16, 2012