We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

Which Kosciuszko National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 1
public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the best way for two students to get from charlotte pass from sydney would be? (in june-july)

thanks for your help :)

5 replies to this topic
Surfers Paradise...
reviews: 15
1. Re: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

the best way is prob to get one of the buses from central station in sydney to jindabyne and from there are shuttles to the skitube and the skitube takes you directly to charlotte pass.

Sydney
reviews: 29
2. Re: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

Are you travelling after the June long weekend (the start of the ski season)?

The skitube doesn't go to Charlotte Pass - it goes to Perisher, where during the ski season you can book oversnow transport to Charlotte Pass.

I'm also not aware of any scheduled bus from Central Station in Sydney to Jindabyne.- and finding any scheduled public transport outside of the ski season will be difficult.

If you are going after the start of the ski season, there are usually charters to be found. These are as likely to go to Perisher or the ski-tube as they are to Jindabyne.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
3. Re: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

In regards to the first reply, please do not answer queries if you do not know what you are talking about. That information is completely wrong. Guessing the answer is no help at all. The Skitube only takes you to Perisher and you need pre-booked oversnow transport from there to get you to Charlott Pass and return. You would have to find a coach that gets you to Perisher, you may have to go to Jindabyne, Cooma or Canberra then another coach from there. It's a matter of searching the coach websites or ski package deals from Sydney.

Edited: 2:31 am, April 26, 2012
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 13
4. Re: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

Just adding to the above, Greyhound Coaches go from Sydney Central Station to the Bullocks Flat Skitube Terminal for about $110 one way. From there get the skitube to Perisher where there is a desk for Charlotte Pass bookings. You need to prebook your oversnow transport as they do fill up. Charlotte Pass has a great package deal (I have done this) - the "Day Tripper" , a full day's skiing, hot lunch and oversnow transport from Perisher for $95. Great value as the as oversnow transport by itself is usually $80 return and a lift ticket is $95! To get the most out of this deal you need to be already geared up with your skis and ready to hit the slopes when you get there. But you can hire skis at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal.

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass

Charlotte Pass oversnow transport may not be reliable due to snow conditions, particularly in spring thaw following rain. On 5/9/2010 snow conditions and equipment breakdown meant that the majority of people were not transported out of or into the resort. I was lucky to get out but my journey took three hours and I would have been stranded without my own car. People missing transport connections from Bullocks Flat get no refund and have the hassle of getting transport when they do get out.

Reply to: public transport from sydney to charlotte pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kosciuszko National...
More Kosciuszko National Park Topics