We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 5
Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

Hello,

We'll (2 persons) be arriving in Kata at the beginning of March and we want to make some day trips to Ko Phi Phi, Khao Lak, Raya & Coral Islands. I've seen that there are a lot of websites from where you can purchase those tours in advance (and prices vary quite much), but some people are saying that is cheaper to buy them directly from tour operators when arriving in Kata. Is this true? If so, can we find availability for a tour on site for the next day? (eg if we want to buy a tour for Phi Phi island today for tomorow, can we find availability?). Thank you in advance.

Chennai (Madras...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

If you are not very particular about any specific tour operators (PST, Simba etc), then you will get enough options to book directly in Phuket. I have seen people booking at 10 pm for next day's morning tour. Suggest to book at Patong as competition is more there.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
reviews: 17
2. Re: Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

Most day tours are around the 1200 to 1400 Bt by buying at Tour Counters. On the net a bit more expensive. Top of the range tours do not sell through agents, but can be booked online. I don't think it would be worth the hassle to travel to Patong from Kata to book.

Usually the best operators fill first. So, an operator that is good to customers, gets very positive feedback, is also good for the agent that sells it. They can promote them with confidence. If you book at 10pm the night before, it may not be the best bang for for your buck.

For that many tours, I would maybe book one, see if you like it, then book others when you are here. Don't for get a show or 2, Fantasea, Simon, Siam Niramit etc.

Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 8
3. Re: Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

lorelei_lsd , we also stayed in Kata and booked all the trips there. You will see a LOT of stands selling tours, so that will not be a problem! :)

Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 5
4. Re: Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

Thanks for the answers!

5. Re: Day tours pre-purchased online vs bought on sight in Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 31, 2015