We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar marina resort

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
Sugar marina resort

Has anyone stayed at the Sugar Marina Resort at Kata Beach. I have been to phuket but never stayed at Kata Beach. We have a wedding to attend at the katathani hotel and want to get a hotel close by, but not as expensive. Thought this one looks fairly close.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 18
1. Re: Sugar marina resort

Very close to Kata Thani. I did not know it was finished.

Perth, Western...
2. Re: Sugar marina resort

Thanks for that. Are there restaurants and shopping around the area also?

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
3. Re: Sugar marina resort

Very limited options in Kata Noi, you'll have to go 'over the hill' to Kata Beach for better choice/options.

Perth, Western...
4. Re: Sugar marina resort

Thanks

Chester, United...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Sugar marina resort

Sugar Marina Resort had just opened when I was in Kata Beach in February 2013. I did not stay at this hotel but walked passed it every day on my way to Kata Noi beach.

The hotel is located right at the side of the road on a very steep hill. In February it looked very quiet and the restaurant (open to the public) was never busy. 5 months on it may have got busier.

Any new hotel takes time settle in and to become 'known' by tourists.

As I have said, I did not stay at hotel, but had a look round the pool area, hotel lobby and restaurant.

My only concern about staying here is whether the noise from traffic would affect me too much. It is on a busy road leading to Kata Noi beach and, where the Sugar Marina Resort is located, the road is VERY steep. This means that cars, vans, scooters, delivery vehicles (e.g water tankers) are revving more to get up the steep hill.

There is also a construction site compound just up the hill passed the hotel which is servicing the Kata Rocks development site (nearly completed).

The pool is not far from the road and is next to the car park. May not be a problem for you but it would be for me.

If you are sensitive to road traffic, I would suggest you ask for a room furthest away from the main road.

Tia :)

Chester, United...
6. Re: Sugar marina resort

Forgot to say, Sugar Marina Resort is on the opposite side of the hill to The Katathani Hotel. It takes about 17 to 20 minutes to walk to The Katathani. The first part of the walk is up a very steep hill until you get to the top near Mom Tri's Art Gallery and then it is all downhill.

If you don't feel like walking, there is a taxi rank two minutes walk from Sugar Marina in the small parade of shops just at the bottom of the hill. A TukTuk to Katathani Hotel would cost 200 baht one way.

Sugar Marina is at the southern most end of Kata beach. It is the last hotel you come to in Kata Beach before going over the hill to Kata Noi.

Chester, United...
7. Re: Sugar marina resort

If you are sensitive to road traffic noise, I would suggest you ask for a room furthest away from the main road.

Tia :)

Edited: 7:23 pm, July 25, 2013
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
8. Re: Sugar marina resort

Just checked it out, the hotel is more or less opposite Orchidacea.

Agree with MissTia, it will be noisy, I think even the rooms further away will be quite noisy.

9. Re: Sugar marina resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014