We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata or karon?

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
Kata or karon?

Planning a 10 day holiday jan 2014 and tossing up between centara kata or Hilton karon.

Travelling with husband and 2 of our children aged 6 and 19 .

Both these area seen suitable for families now I unsure which resort to stay at .

Priorities are cleanliness , near beach , nice clean pools and not too large that you get lost walking around .good kids club . Any ideas or suggestions on other resorts ?

Many thanks for taking the time to read my over long question :-)

5 replies to this topic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Kata or karon?

Kata is ok for children. Not really sleazy. Just a beautiful place. It's quite peaceful compared to karon and paying which is an eye opener. Karon is not so bad but I would prefer kata with children. You can walk to karon from kata

Queensland...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Kata or karon?

We have stayed in both locations and my preference is Karon....

Maybe have a look at the Centara Karon - it is well situated and has great reviews especially from families.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
3. Re: Kata or karon?

I prefer Kata but as you can see everyone has their favourite so I think you'll get a lot of mixed answers, maybe choose based on the hotel that suits your family best.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 7
4. Re: Kata or karon?

I would suggest Kata nice and swimming beach for children, I like Katathani Phuket Beach resort nice and near beach (tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1210687-d540…)

more beach here http://bit.ly/15ecGIe and more help here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k390…

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 10
5. Re: Kata or karon?

why don't you try a hotel that is round the middle of both so you have the best of both worlds? Horizon Karon is good family oriented resort that isn't too pricey and you can really go either way for shopping restaurants etc, and the Dino Park is nearby. Karon beach straight down the road or if you want a change you can go to Kata beach. It also has a free shuttle to and from their sister resort in Patong so if you want to get some extra shopping done while the kids are with your husband you can for no cost. There are things in Patong that you can't find in Kata/Karon and vice versa. I would say Karon Beach Resort but it is a bit pricey but if you get a package deal for the family it might be a great price, so consider that one as well as it is right on the beach. Centara Kata is close to Karon so again you have the best of both worlds and that is family oriented as well and has a slide for the kids. Also, depending on how much time you are away you could split it between two resorts.

Reply to: Kata or karon?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted